Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 4: Sweat, Sculpt, and Tone

Posted by   + Show Post

Cardio workouts will burn calories and help you lose weight, but in order to melt fat, sculpt your muscles, and truly transform your body, you have to incorporate strength training.

Fun toning exercises you can do without equipment include: lunges, tricep dips on a chair or bench, and pilates roll-ups.

Do you have a "trouble spot" or two? Don't we all! The bad news: Trouble spots are troublesome because of genetics, which means they're hardest to target when you're trying to lose weight. The good news: all-around toning, exercise, and eating well will give you all-over results, including in your "trouble spots."

Here are some helpful tips and motivating posts on toning:

What are your trouble spots? Do you have an exercise game plan for improving your body all around, including those areas? Tell us in the replies below!

dumbbellIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
Threes.Company
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM

My trouble spots are...

My stomach/abs:  I have been doing a variety of ab workouts while also doing cardio to burn the fat off the top so the muscles can be seen.

Threes.Company
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM

My thighs are another problem area...  I am doing strength-training and cardio to tone while burning off the excess fat.

Phippsandrea
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM

my trouble spots are my stomach and arms. what i have been doing is a circut of squats, plies, bridge-ups, sit-ups, reverse crunches, and the excerices with my shake-weight. i have only been doing them for a couple of weeks and can already feel a difference.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

My stomach is my biggest trouble spot. I am trying to do better with my eating and am exercising more

andrea96
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

My stomach. I do strength training at least 5 times a week.

Love060708kids
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hips, thighs, stomach and arms

I'm doing a lot of cardio to lose weight and using weights to tone up my arms, legs, hips and lots of ab work outs

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I do so much heavy lifting at work, I have a hard time getting myself to strength train at home. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:05 AM

tummy, hips, and thighs. i would love to loose inches there

liquidvelvet
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM
My trouble spot is my stomach. I've just added running to my regular weight/cardio routine. So, stomach will be all good in no time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jozzie
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM
My arms are my trouble spots after having lost 50lbs but I'm working hard to tone up my whole body :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN