Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 5: Amp Up Your Workouts

Posted by   + Show Post

According to a study referenced in April's Women's Health Magazine, "people who did brief fast-paced workouts for a total of 90 minutes a week got just as fit as those who did lower-intensity training for 4 and1/2 hours." That's great news -- especially for busy moms!

Your activity for today is to fire up your workout!

Here are some helpful tips on getting the most bang for your workout buck:

And don't forget to change it up to avoid a weight-loss plateau. Trainer Rachel Cosgrove suggests switching up your routine every 28 days. She says, "It takes 4 to 6 weeks for your body to adapt to a workout. Once it becomes efficient at it, you use less energy and burn fewer calories and fat." 

Have you tried any of these tips? Got any great suggestions for amping it up? Share them in the replies!

jumping ropeIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
Lenore0708
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I always rotate videos so I don't get bored :)
othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Great tips. I will have to try them

Punkylu78
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM
This is my first DVD of hers. I have Extreme Shred & Shed that I am going to do next. I'm thinking that will really kick my butt if this is. Lol the belly is the worst place! That's all I'm wanting to do is tone my belly up, get rid of the giggle. :)
Quoting beethann:

tnvplus2
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM
That's interesting I had no idea to change it up after 28 days. I will definitely check those out.
ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Haven't tried them but deff giving it a second look.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aphalicious
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:10 AM

i do Step ups going forward till i feel I am not doing any buinifet then I turn around and do steps up where I am stepping backwards. It only works if the steps are kinda lower. (for safety issues) also if you normally do just crunches, try switching to reverse crunches. Or if my sound funny but if u have kids who work out with you, go to a track and have them jogg with you BUT you jogg in front while turned around facing them. We make it fun by making funny faces at each other or they pretend to be monstors and are coming to get me :) I thought it was every 30 days. wow learned something new.

Nighttiger
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Thanks for the tips! I need to get a jump rope for sure! I would love to try that video mentioned with DH at night. Get his butt working out too :)

JoyJoy
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM
havent tried them yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slademom09
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I am doing 30 day shred right now. When I'm done I think I'm going go move to another jillian michaels dvd :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I up the level and do an arm blaster and glute blaster mid workout
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)