Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 6: Don't Stress

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM
  • 118 Replies

Stress is your worst enemy when it comes to losing weight. Being frazzled all the time causes your body to continuously release the same hormones and chemicals it would if you were in danger. This can lead to overeating (belly bulges are directly related to stress) and more serious health problems including depression, high blood pressure, heart disease, and obesity.

Your goal for today -- and every day -- is to keep stress at bay!

Here are just a few ideas (please excuse the cliches -- hey, they're well-known for a reason!):

• Take deep breaths when you're feeling overwhelmed.
  • Take time for you. Even if you only have 10 minutes before bed, take that time to relax and even meditate.
  • Enjoy stress-reducing foods such as avocados, walnuts, wild salmon, and blueberries.
  • Have sex!
  • Cut back on caffeine.
  • Dance! Turn up the music and move it with the kiddos! (Bonus: Dancing burns calories!)
  • Get enough rest (ok, we know this one is hard, but try).
  • Laugh -- often!
  • Don't sweat the small stuff. It's almost never worth it.
  • Stop trying to do it all!
  • Get organized and try these anti-stress decorating tips.
  • And of course, exercise!

How do you keep your cool? Reply with your best stress-busters!

readingIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexiSeaBeeWife
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM
5 moms liked this
I will do all of the above...but i will "Have Sex" at as my beginning middle and end!!! Lol
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Take a bath, take a walk, hold my baby boy and 'dance'....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SMLemos
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I take time to do something for myself.  Even if its to read for 10 minutes, or just clear my head in a quite space.  I just smile.  Just putting a smile on my face or smiling at other people seems to cheer me up, and I don't hold on to things to long.  Before I go to bed each night I let go of everything that I was upset about I never go to bed mad about anything so I can start a new day fresh.  

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Oh man, I love all of those stress-reducing foods! :)

I try to find time to write every day. My mind is so scrambled (for anyone that watches GG, think 'monkey monkey underpants), so it's really relaxing to take some quiet time to escape and just put my thoughts to paper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Will take the t ime to dance around the house & make the dogs go wilder, lOL
Fun stuff ;)

Slademom09
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Taking a shower seems to help or pampering myself a bit. Reading, having a little tv time or workout time when the kiddos go to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I have been really trying to work on this lately.  I have been going to the chiropractor twice a week to keep from being to tense and messing up my neck and back.  I have been praying a lot more and reading my bible.  I have been taking a deep breath and just enjoying playing with the kids. 

fiiasco
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:34 AM
I keep my cool by walking away or enjoying a nice walk or ride around town with the music up & the windows down. Stress is unfortunately a part of my everyday life I work in a very busy emergency room 12 hours overnight so I do my best to keep everything together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom27643
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM
I go get a pedicure ! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyuteangl88
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Music, cleaning, and sex for me :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)