Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 7: Stay Motivated

Posted by   + Show Post

Staying motivated is half the battle of losing weight -- at least for me. I have a tough time working out without music, so I'm forever updating my playlist. (Not gonna lie, "Sexy and I Know It" is a staple!) Thinking of Olympic athletes who train super hard motivates me to get up in the morning to work out. I even use mantras like "no pain, no gain," or think about the buzz I'll have -- all day! -- after a great workout.

Here are a few ideas that might come in handy when you're feeling less than motivated:

How about you? What's always on YOUR playlist? What motivates you to work out or eat right, even when it's the last thing you feel like doing? Please share!

sexyIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Replies (141-142):
Aphalicious
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Sry had a fam. emergency and just got home. well My playlist always has dubstep on it, paradisio girls, and trance :) What keeps me motivated is seeing skinny chicks happy with their guys. It makes me depressed at first but then The little voice in my head says I can only be happy if I am thin so I work harder. I know it sounds funny but that is the only thing I can get motivated from.

LindaClement
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Eating right, I find easy. It's working out regularly that I find a challenge. Even trying to remember to do things that I enjoy doing-- walking, swimming, hiking, yoga-- seems to be a major challenge.

I do have to say, though, I discovered a long time ago that when I'm more conscious of stopping eating when I'm not hungry anymore (instead of mindlessly eating whatever's in front of me) I have WAY more energy and find myself popping up off the couch 20 times as often...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN