Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 7: Stay Motivated

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 142 Replies

Staying motivated is half the battle of losing weight -- at least for me. I have a tough time working out without music, so I'm forever updating my playlist. (Not gonna lie, "Sexy and I Know It" is a staple!) Thinking of Olympic athletes who train super hard motivates me to get up in the morning to work out. I even use mantras like "no pain, no gain," or think about the buzz I'll have -- all day! -- after a great workout.

Here are a few ideas that might come in handy when you're feeling less than motivated:

How about you? What's always on YOUR playlist? What motivates you to work out or eat right, even when it's the last thing you feel like doing? Please share!

sexyIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Slademom09
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this
What motivates me sometimes is this group. Seeing all the success stories and the stories about having a rough rime but pushing through anyway. Saying I can and will get there too. I've lost before and got to this place where I feel comfortable and good about myself. I CAN do it again. Don't really have a playlist right now, but I used to love working out to classic rock with a beat. Need to get me a playlist together again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jules_
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this
LMAFO is on my playlist as well. I like to tame songs I do in zumba and put them on my playlists. Names the time go faster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemygirl1108
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:17 AM
2 moms liked this
What motivates me is DD most of all. I don't want her to think exercising is a chore, and that eating healthy eating is a good thing. Both sides of her family, mine and her BF, have obesity in each side of the families and I don't want her to get there. I was there when I was in high school and didnt liked it.

I am hoping to be a great influence on DD, but apparently I'm a influence on my family because 3 months after I joined weight watchers, I was actually losing and it does work, a lot of my family joined weight watchers too. I'm glad I am a great influence even though now I have stopped losing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:37 AM
I have a few things that make me want to push
A sexy swim suit I want to wear this summer
A cruise I'm going on in late June
My healthy (my heart started acting funny)
For my son so he wants to eat healthy as well and move it move it

As far as music really anything works for me lol I'm a huge music fan anything but country and I'm cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twnkedee
by Tia on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My motivation is this group!! Along with my family. I like that I can come here when I am having an off day and see that I am not alone in my struggles.

Alliegracesmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I need lots of motivation!!!! Lol! I am
Determined to lose more!!! I have lost
28 so far and I need to change up some things bad! I also need a
New pair of shoes!!!
kgmmw
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Anything Pitbull gets me going ;) my friends keep me motivated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shanavan
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
This group is my motivation. I love reading everyones posts. They are very inspiring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM
My inspiration are This group , my dd and to feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love060708kids
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My playlist has a bunch of upbeat music, my kids keep me motivated.  I have our vow renewal next year that I need to get in shape for so i'm trying to keep it up so I can hit my goal weight of 120 or 115 before July 2013

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)