Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 7: Stay Motivated

Posted by   + Show Post

Staying motivated is half the battle of losing weight -- at least for me. I have a tough time working out without music, so I'm forever updating my playlist. (Not gonna lie, "Sexy and I Know It" is a staple!) Thinking of Olympic athletes who train super hard motivates me to get up in the morning to work out. I even use mantras like "no pain, no gain," or think about the buzz I'll have -- all day! -- after a great workout.

Here are a few ideas that might come in handy when you're feeling less than motivated:

How about you? What's always on YOUR playlist? What motivates you to work out or eat right, even when it's the last thing you feel like doing? Please share!

sexyIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Replies (101-110):
imperfect511
by Amie on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I have big time rush in my workout playlist. Their music is so upbeat and fun.

I stay motivated because i want to be fit. I always think about the future and how my life will be and it keeps me going. Plus i want to look good and feel good. I just keep picturing it in my mind.

I also want to set a good example for my kids. My dh and his family could care less about healthy eating so it's a struggle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shawna510
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Reggeton

Quoting kgmmw:

Anything Pitbull gets me going ;) my friends keep me motivated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Music Britt nicole ( gold ) keep me going. This might sound rude. But my ex friend keeps me going. She is really overweight and i always tell myself u dont want to be like her. I keep a picture of her around and that gets me going all the time.
laetissima
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Motivation:  keeping up with kids running to the ice cream place, having an easier and healthier pregnancy, and remembering how awesome it feels to really get moving.

mrscycklops
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM

My playlist is all over the place with music. Everything from Lady Gaga to Rob Zombie to Portishead. Yeah. That crazy, lol. This group also helps so much. I originally joined as like, meh we'll see what happens and I'm so surprised that it actually helps venting to complete strangers about my workout trial and tribulations.

SMLemos
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and kids motivate me.  DH is works out 6 days a week regardless, so I feel I have to keep up with him.  My kids are so full of energy I feel like I have to keep exercising to keep up with there energy.  Personally, I have a tiny bikini I plan to be in by June.  My exercise program has amazing music to keep me going.  Whenever I am about to give in a new song starts and makes me want to keep going.    

alisonhess05
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I bought myself a new dress to goal myself to fit into. I also have a work out motivation board on Pinterest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jozzie
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:36 PM
My motivation lacks sometimes but hubby gets me on check! Hahahaha
rainsallthetime
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Always very upbeat music. My girls' are my best motivators. They will even bring out my weights, shoes etc. and tell me to get up off my butt.  If they weren't so danged cute I might have gotten upset.

bayliesmommy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My playlist is anything with a good beat that is fast paced! My motivation is how much confidence I have gained since losing just 20 lbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)