Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 7: Stay Motivated

Posted by   + Show Post

Staying motivated is half the battle of losing weight -- at least for me. I have a tough time working out without music, so I'm forever updating my playlist. (Not gonna lie, "Sexy and I Know It" is a staple!) Thinking of Olympic athletes who train super hard motivates me to get up in the morning to work out. I even use mantras like "no pain, no gain," or think about the buzz I'll have -- all day! -- after a great workout.

Here are a few ideas that might come in handy when you're feeling less than motivated:

How about you? What's always on YOUR playlist? What motivates you to work out or eat right, even when it's the last thing you feel like doing? Please share!

sexyIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Replies (121-130):
jenniferlee_12
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Anything upbeat gets me moving.

CoachyMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I need to post in the group more! 

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Talking to a friend who's also doing the same things.

EiuGirl316
by Leah on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:51 AM

The only things on my playlist at the gym are songs I absolutely love. They might not be the most motivating in terms of upbeat, but if they make me want to sing then I want them on my list. That being said, I do love my songs that are upbeat and make me want to dance while I'm on the treadmill, LOL. 

Nighttiger
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM

My DH  motivates me.  He's seen me at my highest weight of 155 and still loved me, so I know he always will. However, I want to stay looking really good for him so he's proud I'm by his side.  I also love that I have the energy to chase after our 2 y/o for hours, and that we are teaching him the best habits young.

Mrs.Bible
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM
The to little jeans keep motivated!
northernmommy
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM

i try keeping songs with good beats on my ipod. it also helps me when i'm doing mundane things like filling pots at our store, or doing dishes and when i'm working out it helps me keep going

Tree-Tree
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I seriously need some movtivation today. im so tired

tnvplus2
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I don't really have a playlist. I just listen to the music on my DVDs. Otherwise I listen to music on my phone. Papa Roach, shinedown not your usual workout tunes. What motivates me are the results I'm seeing.
Phippsandrea
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:08 PM

i have a family pic from when my son was 6 months old. and looking at it (my heaviest) reminds me why i wanna loose weight.

i dont really have a playlist, just listen to whatever is on atm. but i am always better about staying focused when i am active in this group. and unfortunately the last few months i havent been

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)