Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 7: Stay Motivated

Posted by   + Show Post

Staying motivated is half the battle of losing weight -- at least for me. I have a tough time working out without music, so I'm forever updating my playlist. (Not gonna lie, "Sexy and I Know It" is a staple!) Thinking of Olympic athletes who train super hard motivates me to get up in the morning to work out. I even use mantras like "no pain, no gain," or think about the buzz I'll have -- all day! -- after a great workout.

Here are a few ideas that might come in handy when you're feeling less than motivated:

How about you? What's always on YOUR playlist? What motivates you to work out or eat right, even when it's the last thing you feel like doing? Please share!

sexyIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Replies (131-140):
Hannahsmommy816
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM

my kids motivate to keep on with being healthy and working out....gives me MORE energy to keep up with THEM!

mom27g
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM

what motivates me is someone holding me accountable :)

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM

My movitation is wanting to feel good about myself.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Progress pics keep me going!  :D

andrea96
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I'm trying to get in really good shape for a 14-mile hike this summer.

ElizabethB83
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM

It's a tough one. I pretty much workout by my self so its hard to get any motivation. I look at my self to get motivated or if I don't feel good then I try to work out and see if that helps. I am trying to get rid of this pregnancy weight off of me, was hopping before the summer but looks like its going to be tough.

Livin4_AnO
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:42 AM
This is a big one for me too!!

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

my kids motivate to keep on with being healthy and working out....gives me MORE energy to keep up with THEM!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcsmtlgy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I turn on music in the morning and it gets me moving.

Safrianna
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Staying motivated for me is all about seeing my goals and working towards them. I want so badly to achieve what I've set out to do. I just need to keep that in my sights.

Lamontfamily
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM

LMFAO But i have bought a few cloths in a smaller size i wanna fit in and my kids 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN