Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 7: Stay Motivated

Posted by   + Show Post

Staying motivated is half the battle of losing weight -- at least for me. I have a tough time working out without music, so I'm forever updating my playlist. (Not gonna lie, "Sexy and I Know It" is a staple!) Thinking of Olympic athletes who train super hard motivates me to get up in the morning to work out. I even use mantras like "no pain, no gain," or think about the buzz I'll have -- all day! -- after a great workout.

Here are a few ideas that might come in handy when you're feeling less than motivated:

How about you? What's always on YOUR playlist? What motivates you to work out or eat right, even when it's the last thing you feel like doing? Please share!

sexyIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Replies (31-40):
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes I struggle with motivation. Its nice to have this group to help. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supergirl_mommy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I have a lot if upbeat music although I tend to listen to my Pandora.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I can't seem to find the motiviation.  I want to do it, need i know to, but I just can't find it......

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Sheer determination.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM
I listen to LMFAO too much... Kids play it on YouTube so much I'm just sick of it.

I listen to a lot of dubstep while I work out. It just flows with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbix84
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I also have to listen to music while I work out, whether it's walking on my treadmill or outside. I have a huge workout playlist. I like anything upbeat and fast, everything from 80's music to current stuff. Savage Garden, LMFOA, Katy Perry, Bob Seiger just to name a few. My motivation is that I will be turning 50 in a couple years and I want to stay healthy and active as I get older. My mom started having a lot of health issues as she got older from not being healthy and active that I want to avoid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkylu78
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I have different motivational backgrounds on my phone that I see every time I pick it up! It has helped me so much!! My favorite is "if you are tired of starting over, stop giving up!". Love that one! :)
BrittBurke
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a picture of me before I gained weight and I keep it as my desktop background as my motivation of what I want to look like again. I feel like that helps me more than looking at other people's results because it's me and my body.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm motivated by the way I feel after a workout.  I always feel better!  I also listen to music pretty much all the time when I work out (including LMFAO as well).  

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I have an album full of sayings/quotes on my fb profile. Check them out =)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3456408421777.143701.1617847263&type=3&l=c788e05cc1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN