Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much weight have you lost?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM
  • 37 Replies

Ok so what I want to know is how much weight have you lost, how much more do you want to loose, and one thing that you've learned from your weight loss journey!

you rock

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelindaDuvessa
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

The first time I did this, in 2010, I lost around 34 pounds (162 to 128).  I am now trying to lose pregnancy weight and wish to lose at least 30 pounds (153 to 123).  The calculators say I should be about 112, but for right now I'm just shooting for the 120's, which will put me at "Normal" and possibly maintain that for a while before I try to lose more.

I will add that the first time I lost the weight, I worked at Wal-Mart as an overnight stocker.  I was doing some decently heavy lifting every night, on top of the exercising that I did at home.  But since I started my new job as a Corrections Officer, things have slid downhill.  I also had my daughter last year (I was pregnant at my lowest weight) and I have had no real motivation to lose this weight.  I did well not gaining alot during the pregnancy.  Most of my weight gain was after.  I've suffered from mild PPD and can't seem to shake it.  But PPD is normal and can last up to a year, so I'm not worried about it yet.

JCakebread
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'LL START. I HAVE LOST 90 POUNDS SINCE I JOINED MY GYM AND 117 SINCE HAVING MY DD 17 MONTHS AGO. I STILL WANT TO LOOSE BETWEEN 10 AND 20  POUNDS. I HAVE LEARNED THAT I AM  WORTH THE TIME AND ENERGY IT TAKES TO BE HEALTHY!

brandi185
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i have lost 14, i still need to lose about 86 more.  i have lost 13 inches altogether on my waist, hips, and neck.  i have learned to just take it one day at a time.  

TessB
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I have lost 6.5 and want to lose 20 more. The thing I have realized is that in the 6 years I've been wanting to lose this weight, I could have already done it 22 times (and probably have by starting a million times). I don't want to do the work and not reap the benefits, wasting another 6 years. I just want this done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I have lost 17.6.
Ideally, I'd like to lose another 7.7, possibly 12.7 if I can pull it off.

I have learned that if you want to lose, you have to eat!! :) I work out a lot and intensely, so increasing my food is what made the weight start to drop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCakebread
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I JUST WANTED TO SAYGOOD LUCK!!!

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

The first time I did this, in 2010, I lost around 34 pounds (162 to 128).  I am now trying to lose pregnancy weight and wish to lose at least 30 pounds (153 to 123).  The calculators say I should be about 112, but for right now I'm just shooting for the 120's, which will put me at "Normal" and possibly maintain that for a while before I try to lose more.

I will add that the first time I lost the weight, I worked at Wal-Mart as an overnight stocker.  I was doing some decently heavy lifting every night, on top of the exercising that I did at home.  But since I started my new job as a Corrections Officer, things have slid downhill.  I also had my daughter last year (I was pregnant at my lowest weight) and I have had no real motivation to lose this weight.  I did well not gaining alot during the pregnancy.  Most of my weight gain was after.  I've suffered from mild PPD and can't seem to shake it.  But PPD is normal and can last up to a year, so I'm not worried about it yet.

km1970
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I have lost 41 pounds. I want to lose another 15-20.

What I have learned is it isn't all  about losing weight. That is a side effect of getting healthier. I took diet pills for 10 years. They didn't work or give lasting results. They didn't make me healthier. I am 41 years old, if I want to live a full and happy life, I need to make changes to get me through the next 41+ years:)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

The first time, I lost 57 lbs in 9 months. 

This time around, I want to lose no more than 10-15 lbs. That would be put me between 105-110 again. 

I've learned entirely too much to post. LOL 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

BDC
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I went from 130 to about 170 when I was pregnant with my twins. I now weigh 132. I really want to loose another 7 lbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shanavan
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I have lost 30 pounds and I want to lose another 45 pounds. I have learned how to eat healthier foods and still enjoy myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)