• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a very hard time..

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

During the week, i do pretty good, but when it comes to the weekends, im really bad. My  husband eats what he wants when he wants. He knows im trying to lose weight, and he is too, but he says the weekends are his free days. I usually gain 2lbs over the weekend, and then im busting butt all week to lose it.. I hate this..Any tips on how to help control it?

Wife to Jeff 9/17/10
Mommy to...

Kira 4/18/07

Owen 5/27/09
Ian 11/17/11

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
10mimutemommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Set a cheat meal. One meal once a week no more no less. Don't have entire days or weekends its to easy to go overboard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganbullington
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM

The weekend is nearly 1/3 of your week!  You can not cheat all weekend long and expect to have the success you are looking for.  1 cheat meal.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I would suggest giving yourself one meal over the weekend to "indulge" in and then make sure you're eating healthy for the rest of the meals...or if you're going to indulge in a meal or two, make sure you're eating smaller portions and filling up on veggies and fruits!

10mimutemommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I like to make parmesan stuffed turkey meat balls, marinara and some whole wheat Angel hair pasta.... I'm still eating healthy but I am eating a richer meal. Generally you don't indulge in carbs for dinner so that is what I make mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Analeigh2012
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Be sure to drink your water, exercise and eat smaller portions. Try eating veggies in small helpings throughout the day so you are full all the time. Weekends are tough for me, but I focus on the effort it takes during the week to try and recover... It's not worth it, you are making your body work harder at losing and not smarter. You CAN do this! It is hard, but you CAN do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Throughout the week enjoy your favorites in moderation instead of holding out and eating your butt off on Saturdays and Sundays.

This morning I had waffles.  *shrug*  I really wanted them.  Instead of 4-5 waffles which I used to eat, I had two, had a half serving of maple syrup, and sliced a banana on it.  I notice when I allow myself that sometimes I go less overboard on the weekends, and I have a DH who eats CONSTANTLY.  It's not easy, LOL.

DianeJ40
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I would make my husband eat in the other room if he can't respect that it is hard for me to watch him pig out, lol. Sometimes I have to walk away from my kids when they are eating something that looks yummy so you might have to do the same thing with your DH.

twnkedee
by Tia on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Quoting MamaKarrot:

Throughout the week enjoy your favorites in moderation instead of holding out and eating your butt off on Saturdays and Sundays.

This morning I had waffles.  *shrug*  I really wanted them.  Instead of 4-5 waffles which I used to eat, I had two, had a half serving of maple syrup, and sliced a banana on it.  I notice when I allow myself that sometimes I go less overboard on the weekends, and I have a DH who eats CONSTANTLY.  It's not easy, LOL.

I agree, this is me too! Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)