Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideal weight

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM
  • 15 Replies
I have no clue how much I want lose or what a good weight range is for my age and height.
I've looked around online and each site is different.
One of shows 104-144
Other shows 115
Other shows 115-125.
Does anyone know a correct weight?

As it os I'm at 187.4 My mini goal right now is 175. And then 150. Once I hit that I'm going see how I feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just go with how you look and feel when you get to 150 and take it from there ;)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll be honest with you...I don't go by the websites out there...we are all different, and our bodies are made differently.  Those sites don't really take that into account to be honest...not in my opinion.   You have to find a weight that is comfortable for you and a weight that makes you feel good about yourself...the scale isn't everything...it doesn't determine whether you're healthy or not...not in my opinion!  

For example, I'm 29 years old, 5'6, and I weigh about 158-160 pounds...according to every site I've found, I am overweight...the most I should weigh for my height is 150.  Now, I don't personally consider myself to be overweight...I'm in great shape...I do HIIT (Insanity) 3x week, strength training 3x week, & I run 5-6 days/week totaling about 80-100 miles per month.  Here's a recent picture or 2 of me:

Do I look overweight to you?  Not trying to toot my own horn, but I'm making a point here...just b/c some websites state that I'm overweight doesn't really mean that I'm overweight.

Figure out a number that works for YOU mama!  Take it one mini goal at a time...just like you're doing...and go from there...see how you feel at each weight!

3Xthelove
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM
No Darby, you look HOT!!! You are a great example of hard work and dedication!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I agree.  (You look great, darbyakeep, btw!)

I would not get too hung up on a number goal.  I would just work towards lowering your number while also focusing on toning and strength-training.  It's not about a number.  It's more about how you feel and how your clothing fits and how strong your muscles are.  That is more important than getting to some number on a scale that some website recommends.  Everyone's body is designed differently and while one person your height might be great at 125, another one might be better at 140.  We all carry weight differently and have different amounts of muscle mass.

I mean, to futher prove the point here...  When I last wore my size 4 jeans, I was skinny.  Just plain skinny.  Pretty much no muscle.  My arms were like twigs.  I weighed 130 lbs (at 5'9" in height).  I have been working on losing weight, but I have been big into strength-training for about a year.  Also at the risk of tooting my own horn here, I have really strong arms and abs and legs now.  I am not full ripped or anything, but I have a TON of muscle that I never had before in my life.  I weigh 147 right now... that is a full 17 POUNDS MORE than I did when I last wore those jeans... but you know what, they FIT. 

It's not about the number.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I'll be honest with you...I don't go by the websites out there...we are all different, and our bodies are made differently.  Those sites don't really take that into account to be honest...not in my opinion.   You have to find a weight that is comfortable for you and a weight that makes you feel good about yourself...the scale isn't everything...it doesn't determine whether you're healthy or not...not in my opinion!  

For example, I'm 29 years old, 5'6, and I weigh about 158-160 pounds...according to every site I've found, I am overweight...the most I should weigh for my height is 150.  Now, I don't personally consider myself to be overweight...I'm in great shape...I do HIIT (Insanity) 3x week, strength training 3x week, & I run 5-6 days/week totaling about 80-100 miles per month.  Here's a recent picture or 2 of me:

Do I look overweight to you?  Not trying to toot my own horn, but I'm making a point here...just b/c some websites state that I'm overweight doesn't really mean that I'm overweight.

Figure out a number that works for YOU mama!  Take it one mini goal at a time...just like you're doing...and go from there...see how you feel at each weight!

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Thank you SO much:)  That means a lot to me!

Quoting 3Xthelove:

No Darby, you look HOT!!! You are a great example of hard work and dedication!!

militarygirl83
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:49 PM

What these ladies have said.  According to BMI and online stuff I should weigh between 145 and 154.  I can honestly say when I pushed to drop down to 150 I started looking sick and unhealthy.  I was losing my muscle mass just to hit a number the internet says I should be at.  My healthiest weight ever has been 163.  I ran a triathlon at that weight and because I was 163lbs I was in the Athena group...meaning over weight women.  I must say I kicked a lot of butts because I was super fit and strong at that size.  My goal is to get down to the 160 range again.  I know that healthy for me is a size 11/12 jean and by all means I look hot at this size...not in any way over weight!

~Go for what looks and feels good on you!!  Measurements are key as the scale does nothing but put a number on our self worth.  I hate the scale!! 

Quoting Threes.Company:

I would not get too hung up on a number goal.  I would just work towards lowering your number while also focusing on toning and strength-training.  It's not about a number.  It's more about how you feel and how your clothing fits and how strong your muscles are.  That is more important than getting to some number on a scale that some website recommends.  Everyone's body is designed differently and while one person your height might be great at 125, another one might be better at 140.  We all carry weight differently and have different amounts of muscle mass.

I mean, to futher prove the point here...  When I last wore my size 4 jeans, I was skinny.  Just plain skinny.  Pretty much no muscle.  My arms were like twigs.  I weighed 130 lbs (at 5'9" in height).  I have been working on losing weight, but I have been big into strength-training for about a year.  Also at the risk of tooting my own horn here, I have really strong arms and abs and legs now.  I am not full ripped or anything, but I have a TON of muscle that I never had before in my life.  I weigh 147 right now... that is a full 17 POUNDS MORE than I did when I last wore those jeans... but you know what, they FIT. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

BelindaDuvessa
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Most sites say I need to get down to 112.  I'll be happy with a fit 125....or  a fit anything, really. 

swesolek6
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM
I'll run the tidk of sounding lije a creep and ask Would you pm me a icture of you? I'm 5'9 and 216 lbs and my goal is between 130-150..i just can't imagine myself a1 150 and I keep telling myself I'll still be fat then (not that you are!!) lol, plus it would be encouraging kwim?

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I'll just post it here.  It's not creepy.  LOL!  It's how this works!  Here are two points of reference for you...

Ok, this is me at 178:

And this is me at 147.9:

Quoting swesolek6:

I'll run the tidk of sounding lije a creep and ask Would you pm me a icture of you? I'm 5'9 and 216 lbs and my goal is between 130-150..i just can't imagine myself a1 150 and I keep telling myself I'll still be fat then (not that you are!!) lol, plus it would be encouraging kwim?

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

swesolek6
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Oh gosh! if I look like that at 150 id be happy! what size pants and shirt do you wear?

Quoting Threes.Company:

I'll just post it here.  It's not creepy.  LOL!  It's how this works!  Here are two points of reference for you...

Ok, this is me at 178:

And this is me at 147.9:

Quoting swesolek6:

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)