Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM
  • 5 Replies
I jogged for 15 min today, after that my chest feels tight and when i.inhale deeply there is a wheeze. I am not asthmatic, is that normal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy_279
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM
It u are just getting back into working out yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trebelcleff
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I used to get that; it sounds like exercise induced asthma.  Of course I got it because I was super out of shape and starte aerobics out of the blue one day.  Now, even though I'm still out of shape, I don't get it anymore, especially if I continue doing it (as opposed to stopping exercise then starting up a few months later). 

Now if you exercise regularly and didn't just start, it could be something else.  Either way it's a good idea to talk to a doc about it.  If anything, they can at least prescribe you a rescue inhaler.  Good luck!

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Well i exercise regularly but i am new to jogging. Thats my second mile EVER. Lol

Quoting trebelcleff:

I used to get that; it sounds like exercise induced asthma.  Of course I got it because I was super out of shape and starte aerobics out of the blue one day.  Now, even though I'm still out of shape, I don't get it anymore, especially if I continue doing it (as opposed to stopping exercise then starting up a few months later). 

Now if you exercise regularly and didn't just start, it could be something else.  Either way it's a good idea to talk to a doc about it.  If anything, they can at least prescribe you a rescue inhaler.  Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Thx :)

Quoting mommy_279:

It u are just getting back into working out yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trebelcleff
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:24 PM

It's probably the jogging then :)

I'd talk to a doc and see if you can get an inhaler just in case... hopefully if you keep it up, your body will learn to adjust!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)