• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who use the Gym?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

What gym equipment do you use and why?

I am thinking of using the gym at my school (FINALLY AFTER A YEAR LOL.) I am just unsure what to use besides the bicycle and the runner thing lol. 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM
When I used one I used weights,treadmill,bike,yoga class, and such
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherinmichael
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I use the elliptical, treadmill (Sometimes, but i find it SUPER dull), stationary bike, the weights, and I am going to start zumba next week.  I use some of the other machines, but i am not sure what they are called. lol. I know a lot of people find the gym boring, but I actually enjoy my time there.

MarShy740
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Well i figured since the gym was free I mine as well use it kwim?

Quoting cherinmichael:

I use the elliptical, treadmill (Sometimes, but i find it SUPER dull), stationary bike, the weights, and I am going to start zumba next week.  I use some of the other machines, but i am not sure what they are called. lol. I know a lot of people find the gym boring, but I actually enjoy my time there.

cherinmichael
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Oh for sure.  My school has a gym that is free, but the hours were too weird for my schedule.  I bet they have great equipment in there.  I'd just try it all to see what you like, I was surprised at what I found to be enjoyable.

Lesgerm
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:09 PM
I just use the elliptical, treadmill and take classes. My strength training is either in a class or a Jillian DVD at home. I don't use the machines :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I pretty much do everything but treadmill.  I hate it.  I feel like I lose every bit of my coordination when I use it, LOL.

Tonight I did leg weight lifting, I did squats on one of those half ball things, and then I did 25 mins of cardio on the ARC machines. (you can google it - it's a monster, I love it, LOL)

I ended up liking a lot of the stuff I didn't think I would, so it is good to try everything.

mes_deux_amours
by *Andrea* on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Elliptical is my favorite machine.

littleacorn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I take classes (kickboxing, yoga, and Zumba) there, plus the elliptical and CrossRamp

e_room_steph
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM

The Elliptical is my go to machine ( it has the least impact on my joints and least jarring in general).   I also like to switch it up with stationary bike and a new machine called the helix which is kind of like doing a figure 8 with your feet.  I'd say variety is the key to stay away from boredom.  Don't worry about feeling stupid for trying something new, you may find it's a favorite!

jamms02
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:28 AM
I take classes. I need the leaders & people around me to keep me going. If I'm on a treadmill or bike or any other machine I get bored and end too soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)