• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can I still workout?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM
  • 3 Replies
I think I strained a muscle in my neck. It doesn't hurt really bad, but it is very uncomfortable. Earlier it was on the right side of my neck. I put some bengay on it & now it's my left muscle. Today is day 3 of my insanity workout(mnth 2). I'm just wondering if anyone's dealt with a neck strain before & if it's still okay to workout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
10mimutemommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Hi! I am a beachbody coach, I would say yes you can still exercise HOWEVER do lower body and cardio till your neck is 100%. Try massage, a mix of hot and cold compress every half hour, and gently stretch the muscles you should be fine in a couple days! Hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yeah I'd probably just stay away from anything involving my head/neck until it felt better.

funmommy123
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
It's weird, I just got done doing the max cardio & i don't feel the strain n my neck muscle anymore lol.

Quoting 10mimutemommy:

Hi! I am a beachbody coach, I would say yes you can still exercise HOWEVER do lower body and cardio till your neck is 100%. Try massage, a mix of hot and cold compress every half hour, and gently stretch the muscles you should be fine in a couple days! Hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)