While we're on the subject.. Here's another Nutella post lol
I haven't personally tried this recipe but it claims to be healthier and is from my favorite food blog:
Better than Nutella
(Makes about 2 cups)
This is a Gluten-Free Recipe.
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts (240g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp agave or sugar or maple syrup (A sugar-free option is noted in the directions)
- 1 packet stevia, or 1 tbsp more agave or sugar
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
- optional: 2-3 tsp oil (for extra smoothness, but it’s still very smooth if you leave out the oil)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used Almond Breeze)
Roast hazelnuts for 10-14 minutes at 420 F. Rub them together in a paper towel to get the skins off. (It’s ok if a few stubborn skins won’t come off.) In a food processor, blend the nuts until they’ve turned to butter, then add all other ingredients and blend a long time until it’s smooth like Nutella! (I think I blended off-and-on for a full two minutes in my Cuisinart.)
See the following link for Calories and Nutrition Info.
(The nutritional info includes the sugar/agave. For a sugar-free version, you can replace all of the sugar with an equal amount of xylitol. Or, you can sweeten with stevia instead. (I haven’t personally tried this recipe using just stevia, so I can’t vouch for the resulting taste if you go that route.)