Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Battle against junk food!!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM
  • 21 Replies

Well i have had an ongoing battle with junk food for a while but more so since i had my second baby. after i had my daughter i went down to 150 and then i started getting depressed with sitting in the house all the time... it dosent help that my fiance dosent eat very wel either... so i do ok during theweek bt when the weekend gets here i do horrible... i hate to say junk food specifically sweets have this power over me but i guess i somewat feel trappped. it probly sounds silly but it is hard. hopfully i can finnally get serious about this and would like to at least lose 10 lbs by june 30 th my wedding day\... idk if thats realistic but im going to c=try as hard as i can....

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samjoel
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM

OMG I had the same problem...my boyfriend is tiny and eats whatever he wants and doesn't gain a pound (not fair) so on the weekends when hes home It's really hard not to join him in his junk food sessions lol but what works for me is finding snacks that make me feel like I'm eating yummy tasty things i like! A few things I eat are....Yoplait desert flavored yogurt, Kasha bars they have choco ones and Specail K craker chips which taste sorta like potato chips....Good Luck!! :)

mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Nice suggestions! :)

Quoting Samjoel:

OMG I had the same problem...my boyfriend is tiny and eats whatever he wants and doesn't gain a pound (not fair) so on the weekends when hes home It's really hard not to join him in his junk food sessions lol but what works for me is finding snacks that make me feel like I'm eating yummy tasty things i like! A few things I eat are....Yoplait desert flavored yogurt, Kasha bars they have choco ones and Specail K craker chips which taste sorta like potato chips....Good Luck!! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyMegs
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Are kashi bars steal being sold? Last I read they took the cereals down due to genetically modified products being used in it. A friend took a picture... Here is what it said:

Samjoel
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Wow!! I dunno that's weird...I just bought some Kashi cereal yesterday and had it for my breakfast

Quoting MissyMegs:

Are kashi bars steal being sold? Last I read they took the cereals down due to genetically modified products being used in it. A friend took a picture... Here is what it said:

MissyMegs
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Oh - Hmm yea after reading that, i don't think I want to get some.

Im having a hard time trying to cut back on junk food but with two girls and my husband as well as myself being big snackers, its hard. Im a chip girl so i love tortilla chips, pringles, doritos... Im sick of yogurt, when i was pregnant with my second child i had to eat it a lot as i was gestational diabetic. So Ive grown sick of that and milk.. Trying to find other snacks to eat that are yummy but also not going to make me feel guilty. lol. 

Quoting Samjoel:

Wow!! I dunno that's weird...I just bought some Kashi cereal yesterday and had it for my breakfast

Samjoel
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Quoting MissyMegs:Thanks for the heads up! I don't think Im gonna eat that anymore either. There are lots of tasty snacks they try to make taste like junk food out there...you just got to look. One good one that makes me feel like I'm eating chips (I love doritos too lol) is Quakes Rice Snacks....they have flavors like cheddar cheese, sour cream and onion, and BBQ. They really delish!!

Oh - Hmm yea after reading that, i don't think I want to get some.

Im having a hard time trying to cut back on junk food but with two girls and my husband as well as myself being big snackers, its hard. Im a chip girl so i love tortilla chips, pringles, doritos... Im sick of yogurt, when i was pregnant with my second child i had to eat it a lot as i was gestational diabetic. So Ive grown sick of that and milk.. Trying to find other snacks to eat that are yummy but also not going to make me feel guilty. lol. 

Quoting Samjoel:

MissyMegs
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Quoting Samjoel:
Thanks for the heads up! I don't think Im gonna eat that anymore either. There are lots of tasty snacks they try to make taste like junk food out there...you just got to look. One good one that makes me feel like I'm eating chips (I love doritos too lol) is Quakes Rice Snacks....they have flavors like cheddar cheese, sour cream and onion, and BBQ. They really delish!!

Oh, I completely forgot about those rice cakes.. I'll have to start buying those. My girls would love those too. 

I also thought about just eating like a chicken patty when I feel the need to snack instead of snacking, cause lately my lunches (although im all out) consist of one chicken patty and one soda and then water the rest of the day or my v8 v-fusion smoothie's. 

My dad told me slimfast but I said the key to those drinks and they make go to the bathroom a lot and do the Number 3, which is bad cause it just dehydrates you. (well atleast thats what it does to me, Im borderlined IBS)

BelindaDuvessa
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I feel you.  I did this after DS4, and worse with my daughter.  I'm starting slowly back out of the habit.  I don't want to give up some things (like Dr Pepper) but I need to.

10 lbs in 2 months is doable.  That's still within a healthy weight loss range.  Just don't give up if the scale doesn't move!  If your clothes are fitting better, that's just as good, if not better!

MissyMegs
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Belinda - Lol, i can't wait for my clothes to fit me again.. None of my clothes fit me. It's soo annoying and Im too cheap to buy new clothes. 

Samjoel
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Quoting MissyMegs:

Quoting Samjoel:
Thanks for the heads up! I don't think Im gonna eat that anymore either. There are lots of tasty snacks they try to make taste like junk food out there...you just got to look. One good one that makes me feel like I'm eating chips (I love doritos too lol) is Quakes Rice Snacks....they have flavors like cheddar cheese, sour cream and onion, and BBQ. They really delish!!

Oh, I completely forgot about those rice cakes.. I'll have to start buying those. My girls would love those too. 

I also thought about just eating like a chicken patty when I feel the need to snack instead of snacking, cause lately my lunches (although im all out) consist of one chicken patty and one soda and then water the rest of the day or my v8 v-fusion smoothie's. 

My dad told me slimfast but I said the key to those drinks and they make go to the bathroom a lot and do the Number 3, which is bad cause it just dehydrates you. (well atleast thats what it does to me, Im borderlined IBS)

Yea I tried slimfast and did not like it at all....a nutritionist I know told my when I feel like snacking to chew gum or brush my teeth... It actually works for me most of the time......It's hard but we'll just have to try our best! Good Luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)