Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

need some encouragement

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
I need some encouragement so post some before, Durning, after pictures. Tell me your story. Come on ladies give me the push I need to keep going. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaNiShA521
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Bump! Me too! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM
http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=1111&topic_id=16464426

:D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackoceanveiw
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Can u make it clicky its not working n I'm mobile
Quoting Stefanie83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Lemme see. LOL  I'll try to post some new ones rather than my usual.

this was me at my heaviest - 221 pounds

I would stress out all day and binge on taco bell late at night.  The doctor finally told me my cholesterol wasn't good after some routine bloodwork and that I needed to get my butt in gear if I wanted to ever be healthy.

It took me a few months of a pity party to come to terms with that, but I did.  My number one goal for this was to be healthy.  The skinny is a perk lol.

there I am at like 195ish

In that process I've completely changed my eating.  Once I started food journaling, it was hard for me to want to go back to eating food I now knew was crappy, lol.  I've been logging food for a year straight.

I started working out on my Wii for 15-30 minutes a day, and it was HARD.  I had to force myself.  Then I invested in a cheapie elliptical for $100 and did that for 30 minutes a day in front of the tv.  It wasn't much but it was better than nothing.  

I also did my first 5k, a gladiator 5k with mud crawls and jumping over fire.  My goal was to finish it, lol.  It took me forever but I did.

The beginning of this year I also got a groupon and took Bikram Yoga, something I thought I'd never do.  10 classes was enough, but I'm proud that I tried it.

As you can see I've also dragged my big sister along and she's lost 20lbs, lol.

About 6 weeks ago I decided I was ready for a gym membership.  I never wanted to pay for one I wasn't sure I'd use - but after a year I got to the point that I knew I would.  Now I workout 4-5 days a week, strength training, cardio, and yoga regularly. 

I feel great.  

I still have another 20-30lbs I'd like to lose, and that weight of course, is taking its sweet time coming off - but I know I'm going in the right direction.

I didn't think I'd ever do yoga in 105 degree room, or run ANYTHING, especially not one with mud and obstacles.  So if I can get to that point I know anyone can, lol.

blackoceanveiw
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Thank u for sharing

Quoting MamaKarrot:

Lemme see. LOL  I'll try to post some new ones rather than my usual.

this was me at my heaviest - 221 pounds

I would stress out all day and binge on taco bell late at night.  The doctor finally told me my cholesterol wasn't good after some routine bloodwork and that I needed to get my butt in gear if I wanted to ever be healthy.

It took me a few months of a pity party to come to terms with that, but I did.  My number one goal for this was to be healthy.  The skinny is a perk lol.

there I am at like 195ish

In that process I've completely changed my eating.  Once I started food journaling, it was hard for me to want to go back to eating food I now knew was crappy, lol.  I've been logging food for a year straight.

I started working out on my Wii for 15-30 minutes a day, and it was HARD.  I had to force myself.  Then I invested in a cheapie elliptical for $100 and did that for 30 minutes a day in front of the tv.  It wasn't much but it was better than nothing.  

I also did my first 5k, a gladiator 5k with mud crawls and jumping over fire.  My goal was to finish it, lol.  It took me forever but I did.

The beginning of this year I also got a groupon and took Bikram Yoga, something I thought I'd never do.  10 classes was enough, but I'm proud that I tried it.

As you can see I've also dragged my big sister along and she's lost 20lbs, lol.

About 6 weeks ago I decided I was ready for a gym membership.  I never wanted to pay for one I wasn't sure I'd use - but after a year I got to the point that I knew I would.  Now I workout 4-5 days a week, strength training, cardio, and yoga regularly. 

I feel great.  

I still have another 20-30lbs I'd like to lose, and that weight of course, is taking its sweet time coming off - but I know I'm going in the right direction.

I didn't think I'd ever do yoga in 105 degree room, or run ANYTHING, especially not one with mud and obstacles.  So if I can get to that point I know anyone can, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM

This was me at 181 pounds...my only before picture!

These are my during pictures..I'm around 158-160 and my goal weight is 145...I'm not stopping until I get there!  I'm a long distance runner so exercise wasn't the issue for me...food was!
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Sorry I'm mobile too ;). But it's the "post pics" topic in this forum

Quoting blackoceanveiw:

Can u make it clicky its not working n I'm mobile
Quoting Stefanie83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Here are my progress pics. I started at 229 and started tracking calories on myfitnesspal everyday and exercising 5-7 days per week. 14 months later I'm more than 70 lbs down! :). And I feel 1000000 times better. Lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffers96
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:38 PM
I can't post pics from my mobile, but I also put up a post with my before & after pics (I believe that's the title of my post too). I was my heaviest ever in December 2011 - a Christmas picture that was taken of me made me get up & motivated me to lose some weight. I was 183.3 in December. After the first I the year I began dieting and exercising (I shouldn't call it dieting cuz I'm not dieting, I've changed my eating habits & routine without "dieting" or special foods). Currently I'm 155.4 and I've had the "5 pounds at a time mentality" so I don't get overwhelmed with how much I have to lose. I hit my 5lb loss milestone, celebrate, then move forward to my next 5lbs. I work out 6-7 days a week and eat fresh fruits and veggies, chicken and fish. I got stuck with my loss because I think I was taking in too much salt with my Special K bars and stuff like that, so I cut back on all that stuff. I'm on My Fitness Pal as well to track and monitor what activities I do and what food I eat - and my friends there keep me accountable!! ;)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! =)

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!

One God fearing, God loving, happily married mommy!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

momof3570
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:44 AM

My only encouragment is if you really really want to lose the weight and get healthy YOU WILL JUST  DO IT. You CAN do it :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN