Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy cow...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:05 AM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

Where did this school year go? 

Lilly was being a turkey this morning and would not get moving so I told her in the car on the way to school that she only has 3 more Mondays to go until school is over..then, I pulled out my phone and looked at the calendar while at a light and realized- nope! Only 2 more Mondays to go after today!!! She is out of school on the 18th! 

We have 5 days this week, 4.5 next week ( early release next Friday since they are having a Mother's Day Luncheon for us and they can leave early with us), and then early release on the 17th for her Kindergarten graduation and then Field Day and a pizza party on the 18th which is the last day of school and she has early release that day as well. 

I cannot believe it is the last 3 weeks of school already! 

Yay for summer and spending it in FL!!! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Threes.Company
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Wow!! Your schools let out early!!!

Enjoy your time in Florida!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of2_n_twins
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Mine get out May 24th!! I can't believe it myself! Idk if I'm ready or not haha. Plus they only go 4 days a week so its even shorter than you would think....

mama2gg
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow that's early mine doesn't get out till June lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM
My kids aren't in school yet but they get out here in two weeks. It seems so early! We didn't get out til mid June. But farm country here so a lot of kids are busy with parents farming etc. wish I grew up here! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alisonhess05
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Our schools don't let out until June but I'll be done classes this week, until my summer semester starts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by Tasha on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM

My kids are out May 25th.  Time flies!

booksandhooks
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Ah, those were the days.  My kids are adults now and I wish I could see them more often.  Enjoy your time with your children because it really does speed by fast!! 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Quoting Threes.Company:

Wow!! Your schools let out early!!!

Enjoy your time in Florida!!

They do! The rest of the county gets out on the 25th. Lilly's school is out a week earlier than everyone else. 

Last year, we spent 6 weeks in FL over the summer.. I think we will head down on the 21st and come home on the 30th. Then, all 4 of us will go down with some friends on the 7th-13th...then, Lilly goes back down to my mom's on the 18th for a week by herself and her sister and I will go down on the 24th of June and stay another 2 weeks...then, we'll have to be home since school starts on August 6th and we have to shop for school supplies/clothes and do vision/hearing tests for Karli's first year of school as well as meet the teachers for both of them. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

mantyangel
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM

My kids don't get out until June 12th so we have a little further to go.

BrittBurke
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM

That's crazy! The schools around here don't end until June 22nd. That's such a big difference. When does the school year start for your kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)