Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Where did this school year go? 

Lilly was being a turkey this morning and would not get moving so I told her in the car on the way to school that she only has 3 more Mondays to go until school is over..then, I pulled out my phone and looked at the calendar while at a light and realized- nope! Only 2 more Mondays to go after today!!! She is out of school on the 18th! 

We have 5 days this week, 4.5 next week ( early release next Friday since they are having a Mother's Day Luncheon for us and they can leave early with us), and then early release on the 17th for her Kindergarten graduation and then Field Day and a pizza party on the 18th which is the last day of school and she has early release that day as well. 

I cannot believe it is the last 3 weeks of school already! 

Yay for summer and spending it in FL!!! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Wow!  I know what you mean though, DS's preschool ends soon, too, and it's weird!  LOL

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM

My kids dont finish till the second week of June.  I am kinda glad, it gives me a little more time to breathe.  We will be spending most of the summer in MI with my family, I am happy for that, though, I need to get out of TX for the summer, it's brutally hot!

red_head_mommy2
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Wow. That's ealry. When does school start?

Mine doesn't get out until the 26th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebekahmuse
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Were do you go in FL? I live in Jacksonville :o)

I know it's crazy how quick the school year goes by! It's easier for me during the year though b/c I work so I'm always having to find a sitter or bring my oldest in with me during the summer :P

mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Wow!! Super soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Where in Florida are you going? Disney? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Quoting BrittBurke:

That's crazy! The schools around here don't end until June 22nd. That's such a big difference. When does the school year start for your kids?

August 6 is the first day of school in the fall...but, we also have a ton of days off throughout the year. We follow a modified year round schedule in this county- add in the fact that it is private school and there are even more days off. 

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Quoting rebekahmuse:

Were do you go in FL? I live in Jacksonville :o)

I know it's crazy how quick the school year goes by! It's easier for me during the year though b/c I work so I'm always having to find a sitter or bring my oldest in with me during the summer :P

The Villages. My mom and my ILs live there- 7 miles from each other. It is a 5 minute car ride and a 20 minute golf cart ride. We love it down there! 

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Where in Florida are you going? Disney? :)

The Villages. It is about 20 minutes south of Ocala and 1 hour north of Disney. It is a 55+ retirement community. We love it there as we don't need the car seats and we can ride around in golf carts everywhere. 

Claire

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Generally the first week of August.

Quoting BrittBurke:

That's crazy! The schools around here don't end until June 22nd. That's such a big difference. When does the school year start for your kids?

"Turn me around, pick me up, Undo what I've become, bring me back to the place of Forgiveness and Grace, I need you, need your help, I can't do this myself, you're the ONLY one, who can undo what I've become!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN