Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Help Talk Me into Going **Update

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

**Update: I went, I was scared but I did it!! It was fun!! According to my HRM I burned 459calories in the 1hr class!! Love it!! Thanks Ladies for the encouragement!! 

So I joined a gym about 2 weeks ago. I only go at night with my DH, but I have been wanting to try Zumba for a good while now(since before joining the gym), but I am kinda scared to do it!! I am not coordinated of any sorts, and usually only dance when drunk and it ain't good then either!! So they have a class today at 9am, and I am trying to convience myself to go, but again I am scared!! lol

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sllytnkrbl
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I was on the same boat, so uncoordinated but I watched a few classes and turns out most people don't know what they are doing, the only one that really looks good doing it is the instructor so I figured I'd fit right in, I only managed one class because I over did it the first day - too much for the blood pressure meds I'm on so I am doing lighter workouts now to work my way up to zumba.

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 1, 2012 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

* Virtual kick in the hiney* 

On that note- yeah, I'm rhythmically challenged at best, so there is NO WAY you could talk me into Zumba. LOL 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

mama2gg
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Go go go.. I was going to say I can't cause the gym made me gain weight lol but zumba classes are so fun! Hard as hell but fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaNiShA521
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Do it! I rented the Zumba game for the wii and did a little practice with it. And like a pp said, most everyone else in there will probably be just as uncoordinated. I know I was a mess! But it was so fun and a hell of a work out! Just have fun with it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shanavan
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Go! It is a great workout. I went for the first time last Tuesday. It seemed so easy while I was doing it, but I definitely felt it afterwards. No one felt like they looked good doing the moves. You can do this! I really hope you decide to go. I go to my Zumba class at 9:30 this morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I was seriously terrified of going the first time.  I looked at it this way...if I don't do it I will never know if I like it or not and if I do try it- I can at least say I did it once. 

2 months later I'm going 3x a week and still feel uncoordinated at times- but it gets more and more fun

Tonya_Lynn84
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:30 AM

BUMP!

reneawesley
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Glad you liked it. I have done it at home and liked it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN