Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so nervous about tomorrow!!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have a weigh in and remeasure tomorrow. I've been at this fitness stuff for about a month and am scared to death about it. If I don't see big results, I'm going to get discouraged and want to just pig out and sit on my butt. I've been working my butt off... :(

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 1, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!!  DO NOT get discouraged- they are JUST numbers, mama!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Threes.Company
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM
5 moms liked this

First, breathe.  You have been working hard, so I am sure it will show in your measurements.  Just be prepared... sometimes it is possible to see smaller measurements without movement on the scale.  This does not mean you aren't losing fat.  It means you are burning fat while gaining muscle.  If you are working hard and have been for a month, I find it highly unlikely that you would not seen ANY changes.  The only way that could happen is if your eating habits were really bad. 

Hang in there.  And if the results aren't as great as you'd like, use that as fuel to motivate yourself and push harder... rather than using it as an excuse to pig out and sit on your butt.  In fact, just wipe that idea out of your head completely.  Remove it as an option.  Sitting around and eating is NOT going to help you get to your goal and will only undo everything you've done.  Don't even let that be a possibility.

I am not sure of your plans for tomorrow, but I would plan on doing a workout tomorrow AFTER your measurements are taken.  Decide now what you want that to be.  That way, even if you are disappointed for some reason, you've already committed to a workout plan and cannot go home and sulk. 

You've got this!  Looking forward to hearing your good news tomorrow!

km1970
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM

You can't quit now..no matter what the numbers say. Look how far you have come. Look how accomplished you have felt these past few weeks. This is a process and you can continue regardless!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Great advice mama...totally agree here!

Quoting Threes.Company:

First, breathe.  You have been working hard, so I am sure it will show in your measurements.  Just be prepared... sometimes it is possible to see smaller measurements without movement on the scale.  This does not mean you aren't losing fat.  It means you are burning fat while gaining muscle.  If you are working hard and have been for a month, I find it highly unlikely that you would not seen ANY changes.  The only way that could happen is if your eating habits were really bad. 

Hang in there.  And if the results aren't as great as you'd like, use that as fuel to motivate yourself and push harder... rather than using it as an excuse to pig out and sit on your butt.  In fact, just wipe that idea out of your head completely.  Remove it as an option.  Sitting around and eating is NOT going to help you get to your goal and will only undo everything you've done.  Don't even let that be a possibility.

I am not sure of your plans for tomorrow, but I would plan on doing a workout tomorrow AFTER your measurements are taken.  Decide now what you want that to be.  That way, even if you are disappointed for some reason, you've already committed to a workout plan and cannot go home and sulk. 

You've got this!  Looking forward to hearing your good news tomorrow!

randomosityblog
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I won't quit.. maybe just for a day if there are no changes. lol

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Sadie- 

YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW that you can do this! Do NOT give up if the numbers don't reflect what you want them to. 

Threes.Company had some wonderful words for you! Read them over and over before tomorrow. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

randomosityblog
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM

So my weigh in went alright. :) Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Threes.Company
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Happy to hear that!! So glad your hard work paid off!!

Quoting randomosityblog:

So my weigh in went alright. :) Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)