Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do You Make Your Broccolli?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM
  • 25 Replies
I make my Broccolli with garlic and butter but I want to try making it other ways that are healthier because obviously the butter isn't healthy lol. So any tips you may have I would appreciate.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Threes.Company
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM
I just steam mine and put a teaspoon of grated parmesan cheese on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I steam it with water and add garlic.

miasmommy21407
by Maegan on May. 1, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I just steam mine most of the time. I like to sprinkle garlic powder on it. DH really likes when I use the garlic powder.

Occationally I'll spray it with a little bit of olive oil and bake it on a baking sheet. When it starts to brown on the tops, I sprinkle parmesan on top and then bake it for 5 more minutes. VERY yummy!!

mom_of2_n_twins
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I steam it and add a little bit of zatarains but most of the time just steamed ;)

blackoceanveiw
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Hmmm I just steam mine nothing special made add cheese sauce sometimes....never knew there were other ways thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelindaDuvessa
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I steam it then drizzle with just a touch of Light Italian Dressing.  Sometimes I also sprinkle a little cheese on top, but normally just the dressing.

taniamorse85
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I microwave mine (you lose fewer nutrients microwaving vs. steaming).  I usually eat it plain or with a bit of vinegar.

Slademom09
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:05 AM
I usually just steam mine(kind of new to cooking lol) but the garlic powder sounds good. Never thought of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Steam with lemon juice. Yummm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 2, 2012 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I sometimes steam it and add some lemon juice and pepper. Or I will oven roast it with olive oil sprayed on, chopped garlic, Parmesan, salt and pepper. I LOVE it that way!! I've also roasted it with chili powder and garlic, and squeezed on some lime and sprinkled with cilantro with certain dishes.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)