Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Need Help With Exercise

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM
  • 39 Replies

I was doing P90X and made it to the end of week 3 and then I had my oral surgery. I haven't worked out since the 19th of April. Now I don't want to do P90X. I absolutly HATE working out and get so lazy with it. I am going to strat walking because I love to walk but I need some other ideas!

I know I can get workouts on you tube and netflix and I have the 10 minute trainer, P90X and Turbo Jam but they get so repetative.

Plus I am extremly short (4'9) and I have heard different things such as I should be doing more strength training (which I find boring) and less cardio (which I like).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelindaDuvessa
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I downloaded a spreadsheet that used a deck or cards to determine your workout.  I can't use it because I don't have the specific program it was made with.

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/deckofcards.html 

I believe this is the right address.  Maybe that'll help?

blackoceanveiw
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Find Wut u love to do n do it. Maybe each day do more. Switch things up so u don't get bored. U can do this momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funmommy123
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:54 AM
Before I got pregnant with my first son(almost 9yrs ago) I would go on an hour walk. Then later on that day, I would do squats, sit ups, girly pushups, crunches & a few other exercises. Not very intense, but it worked. Well, now i am at m heaviest lol & i'm doing insanity. I hate working out too, but I just push myself to do it. I do have my lazy day, but I dn't give up just because I didn't do good that day. Oh, i'm 4'11 & have 50lbs to lose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:58 AM
Girl shut the hell up! You need to text me stop that crap of making up a reason why you don't want to do your p90x and DO IT you know it works its everything you just said weights and cardiovascular you don't like it mix it up! There are 12 dvd I'm SURE your not doing them all switch from lean to classic sets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 2, 2012 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this

She needs to do something she LIKES to do...there's no point in doing a workout that you hate...she'll never stick with it and I'm against doing something you absolutely hate.  She should find something she enjoys doing and go from there.  This is a lifestyle change and not just to lose weight so finding something you enjoy is very important.  

Quoting mama2gg:

Girl shut the hell up! You need to text me stop that crap of making up a reason why you don't want to do your p90x and DO IT you know it works its everything you just said weights and cardiovascular you don't like it mix it up! There are 12 dvd I'm SURE your not doing them all switch from lean to classic sets

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 2, 2012 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Please remember this is a supportive group:)  Thanks.

Quoting mama2gg:

robsgurl_23
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Were you getting results when you were on p90x? what didn't you like about it? When I really started to work out I did 30 day shred and taebo which I dis every other day. I also did some walking. I use www.myfitness pal.com as well which has helped me out. Right now I am on week 3 of p90x this is my second time I have done it but the first time I stuck with it for 5 weeks. I plan on sticking with it the rest of the way and I do have some of the videos I hate and love to do. It is a love hate thing which my sister who is doing it to says the same thing. You should try banish fat boost metabloism it is a good work out with lots of cardio.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
btamilee
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:34 AM

You need to do something you enjoy, or you will not stick with it.  I actually love exercise, and I also did P90X...five of us started it together, I was the only one who finished it.  I have to admit that doing it took a great deal of time, and effort.  It is not a good program for someone who dislikes to exercise.  Perhaps try to mix things up by doing several different exercise DVDs.  I managed to find used DVDs and now, I alternate, so I don't get bored.  You actually could still do a few of the P90X routines...pick a few that you think you can make it thru.  I occasionally still do my Kempo DVD from P90X.  You do NOT have to exercise for a hour a day to get the benefits of exercise....a little each day is better than nothing...

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 2, 2012 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mama2gg:

P90X is NOT for everyone. Trust me... I loathe it with every fiber of my being. I'm a cardio girl so I detest weight training. Do I do it? Yep, but I hate it..it was a struggle for me to finish X due to Tony Horton. I found him to be very annoying. 

If you don't like a program, you can do hybrids. Take the pieces you like from each thing and make up your own workout routine. I do it all the time. Nobody said you have to do a program in its entirety. It is a building block to better fitness and health. 

For instance, one day, you can do Chest & Back, and go for a walk, the next day you can do Cardio Party and go for a walk, the next day, do something else.... 

If you are not enjoying a workout, it makes it easier to quit. There are tons of DVDs on the market that you can get that are cheap that you can put into the mix as well. Check your local library, they might have some that you can use. 

There is no reason that you should avoid cardio. I'm not sure who told you that, but strength and cardio are equally important. As you build muscle while doing strength training, you will torch more calories at rest and while doing cardio workouts. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

itsm3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:50 AM

try jillian michaels' dvds.  i liked ripped in 30.    combines strength training with her cardio moves.  

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN