Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

march 1 2012

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:02 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hello ladies my name is kristen
My age is 20 and I weigh in the 200 I'm 5'10
And I decided its time to do something about my weight my birthday is Sept so I want to loss a few pound by then
I need so ideal to lose weight fast and healthy all at the same time so ladies please help me ill post a pic of me in the comment area cause I'm mobile...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sokolowski
by Lady T on May. 2, 2012 at 2:58 AM
nump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sokolowski
by Lady T on May. 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Well there is no such thing as fast healthy weight loss those are diet pills,fads,and crap eating clean and lean and working out is the only real way to lose weight healthy,keep it off and relearn how to care for yourself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 2, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Totally agree here:)  Watch your diet...clean eating is the way to go!  Veggies, fruits, lean protein, and whole grains should be the bulk of your diet.  Drink LOTS of water!  Find a workout you like and go from there!  Good luck!  Welcome to the group!

Quoting mama2gg:

Well there is no such thing as fast healthy weight loss those are diet pills,fads,and crap eating clean and lean and working out is the only real way to lose weight healthy,keep it off and relearn how to care for yourself

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Welcome Kristen!

I totally agree, eating clean is the way to go!  You can read the basics here.  It's helped me lose 90 lbs so far, combined with exercise!!

Have you figured out what kinds of exercise you'll do?  Finding things you enjoy, and ideally more than one of them, is REALLY helpful, and will help you stick with it.

I did your BMR, since you posted your stats, and here is some info for you:

BMR: 1760- this is the MINIMUM number of calories per day you should eat at your current weight to avoid starvation mode.

1760 x 1.375 = 2420

2420-500=1920

To lose 1 lb per week (healthy weight loss) while working out 1-3 days per week, consume 1760-1920 calories per day.

1760 x 1.55 = 2728

2728-500=2228

To lose 1 lb per week while working out 3-5 days per week, consume 1760-2228 calories per day.

You can have us recalculate these numbers for you any time, but they'll give you safe ranges for how many calories you should be eating right now to lose weight healthfully.  You can eat on the lower end of those ranges to lose more weight, but never eat below your BMR.  Starvation mode is when your body starts to shut down metabolic processes to conserve calories, because you're eating too few, and it starts holding onto fat and burning lean tissue, which can damage your organs and muscles, and it will slow your metabolism, the LAST things you want!!  

You can do this!!!  Stick with eating clean, get your heart rate up for at least 45 minutes 4-5 days per week, and you'll be well on your way, mama!!!  Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Snuggles20
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM
I'm not meaning like super fast sorry I mean maybe 5 pounds a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxysmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM

That would be super fast. It might happen that way for the first week or two, but 1-2 lbs a week, ideally 1 lb a week is what is healthy. Your BMR info and the advice she gave is where you should start. Good luck, you can do this!

Quoting Snuggles20:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

(Sarah Robinson). Get yours at bighugelabs.com
Threes.Company
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Quoting Snuggles20:

Whoa... that is far too aggressive and not healthy at all.  As the PP said, a lower goal is totally necessary.  I would not aim for more than 1 to 1.5 lbs per week.  If you lose too quickly, there is a high chance the weight will immediately come back off.

Follow the BMR and calorie suggestions Claire gave you in an above response.

As the others already said, it's about eating clean, making healthy choices, exercising and eating enough to fuel your body's exercise.  That's the only way to lose weight in a healthy manner. 

September is far away.  If you lost 1 lb every week from now until September, you would lose just under 18 lbs.  That is a lot of weight!  Start with that and see how it goes!  In my experience, when you set too aggressive of a goal, you'll only set yourself up for failure, frustration, depression, and gain.

Good luck!

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

nlonnon
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM
I would follow Suzanne's advice. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)