Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

this isn't good!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
I just got a job at Applebees as a server and i really needed a job. I started yesterday and ate a late lunch before i went for work, i worked for 5 hours and came home and went to bed, i wasn't even hungry for dinner!! I don't want to skip meals but when i get busy i tend to not be hungry, or if i do get hungry i WILL NOT eat their food! What do i do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Take something with you for lunch or snack...remember that you need to eat ;)

MommyMelina2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Its so hard, especially if we are busy. And food ideas i should bring? I'm going to try!

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashmom614
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM

pack things like almonds. Those are a great way to get healthy fats and protein in! Are you able to put stuff in a refrigerator? If not, pack a small cooler and leave it in your car...you have breaks, right? Put healthy options in it like sliced apples or oranges. Another option would be to have a blender bottle with some whey protein powder in it and all you'd need to do is add cold water and ice to it.

Good luck! I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVE applebees food lol

Quoting MommyMelina2:

Its so hard, especially if we are busy. And food ideas i should bring? I'm going to try!

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

MommyMelina2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Those are some good ideas!! Thank you! One good thing about applebees is they have a weight watchers menu! But i want to bring my own stuff!

Quoting Ashmom614:

pack things like almonds. Those are a great way to get healthy fats and protein in! Are you able to put stuff in a refrigerator? If not, pack a small cooler and leave it in your car...you have breaks, right? Put healthy options in it like sliced apples or oranges. Another option would be to have a blender bottle with some whey protein powder in it and all you'd need to do is add cold water and ice to it.

Good luck! I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVE applebees food lol

Quoting MommyMelina2:

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM

You were probably so tired from working that cooking was the last thing you'd want to do.  Maybe cook yourself a dinner before you leave, that way you can eat it when you get home by just reheating.  I would also eat a snack to eat while at work.

nlonnon
by Tasha on May. 2, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Once you get adjusted to the schedule, I'm sure it will be easier to fit in meals.  I waited tables in college and since we didn't really get breaks I would just pick at a salad all night.  It helped and then I could eat later.

akgraff
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:59 PM

bring a few healthy snacks such as peanut butter with celery, some nuts, carrot sticks, raisens, an apple etc,  a low fat yogurt. That way your at least getting something in  your stomach and if your too tired to eat you will still have something positive in your body. You can always make meals ahead of time. Crock pots do wonders

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)