Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

fed up UPDATE- thanks claire

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 16 Replies

i have been working out for 4mths an i have only lost 10 pounds , the first two months i wasnt as hard core as i am now

now im working out 5 an 6 times a week, an over the last month i have not lost a pound 

i have a protein shake -milk an powder only- for breakfast

if i get hungry which normally dont i have a servings of almonds mid morn snack

for lunch im having a sandwich with low cal bread an cheese an Dijon mustard and a granola bar

for afternoon snack  a serving of cottage cheese an black berries

for dinner it just depends im starting to stray from the carbs as a effort to lose more, but nothing crazy an i have the calories left over to eat whatever usually have at leat 500 cals left for dinner

im alternating workouts between  Jillian michaels 30 day shred , biggest loser cardio max , an im walk/jogging 12 miles a week

i mean honestly what more can i freaking do , i was patient up to this point but with no progress over the last month im pissed , an i REALLY REALLY wanna lose at least 10 more pounds before we ttc in another 4 mths 

HELP

after claires help an myfitnesspal and seeing this recent picture of me , i realized i have nothing to be frustrated about an that im getting there slowly but surely an 

THANKS A MILLION FOR THE HELP CLAIRE im back on track

by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miasmommy21407
by Maegan on May. 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Have you had your BMR calculated? You might not be eating enough, especially with all of that working out!

nicole2884
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Quoting miasmommy21407:

Have you had your BMR calculated? You might not be eating enough, especially with all of that working out!

thats what im wondering im truly thinking about consulting a nutritionist , im just not hungry thats the weird part, well except last night was a cheat dinner an i pigged out lol

but normally i  control myself im allowed one cheat item a week an i stick with that 

if i get the urge i grab one i mean one handful of m&ms

gonna go calculated my bmr

mama2gg
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Sounds like your not eating enough dear
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess21608
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

You definately not eating enough. I was in the same boat. up to this point I have lost almost 15 pounds in the past 4 months but for a whole month not a single pound. Got my BMR calculated and wasnt eating even close to the amount I was supposed to be. Also I needed to up my intensity level and now Im down 2 pounds under my wall I hit which made me real happy. Good luck I hope other ladies will be able to help. You can do this and your hard work will pay off!

miasmommy21407
by Maegan on May. 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

There are several ladies in the group that can calculate it for you and take exercise into consideration. Claire was really helpful to me when I first started!!

Quoting nicole2884:

Quoting miasmommy21407:

thats what im wondering im truly thinking about consulting a nutritionist , im just not hungry thats the weird part, well except last night was a cheat dinner an i pigged out lol

but normally i  control myself im allowed one cheat item a week an i stick with that 

I'm a FULL TERM BREASTFEEDING, Extended Rear Facing, Using the Infant Car Seat PROPERLY, Pro-Life, FAM Charting, POLITICALLY CONSERVATIVE, Mommy to Mia 5, Dason 2, an Angel Baby who left for heaven 1-6-11 and Raegan 5 months.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

nicole2884
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM

ok so in your opinion my bmr is 1618 , im eating 889 during the day as is leaving 729 for dinner, but should i be eating more then the 1618 since im working out 5 an 6 times a week an sometimes i will do one of dvd workouts an then i will walk/jog 4 miles too so like a double workout at least once a week 

if im exercising this hard how many calories should i be adding if i want to lose weight , i dont expect it to melt off but realistically maybe a 1.5 a week i be happy with 4pounds lost a month 

Quoting miasmommy21407:

There are several ladies in the group that can calculate it for you and take exercise into consideration. Claire was really helpful to me when I first started!!

Quoting nicole2884:

Quoting miasmommy21407:

miasmommy21407
by Maegan on May. 2, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Yes. The 1618 is what your body needs to just lay there and breath so if you are working out you definately need to eat back those calories or your body will go into starvation mode which is likely what it's already done since it's holding on to pounds. You need to eat more to pull it out of starvation mode.

Claire can help you calculate a range but what I do is put my BMR into MFP, then I add in the exercise I do because it calculates the exercise for me based on my weight. Then I also add breastfeeding calories since I'm nursing. I aim to eat all of those calories back.

I've been losing between 1 and 2 pounds each week.

Quoting nicole2884:

ok so in your opinion my bmr is 1618 , im eating 889 during the day as is leaving 729 for dinner, but should i be eating more then the 1618 since im working out 5 an 6 times a week an sometimes i will do one of dvd workouts an then i will walk/jog 4 miles too so like a double workout at least once a week 

if im exercising this hard how many calories should i be adding if i want to lose weight , i dont expect it to melt off but realistically maybe a 1.5 a week i be happy with 4pounds lost a month 

Quoting miasmommy21407:

Quoting nicole2884:

Quoting miasmommy21407:

I'm a FULL TERM BREASTFEEDING, Extended Rear Facing, Using the Infant Car Seat PROPERLY, Pro-Life, FAM Charting, POLITICALLY CONSERVATIVE, Mommy to Mia 5, Dason 2, an Angel Baby who left for heaven 1-6-11 and Raegan 5 months.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Hi there! I'm Claire! I can help you with your BMR and such. I can only be on for a minute right now as I just got done working and and have to go shower to go to Church in a few minutes. 

I need your age, height, weight and the number of days per week you workout. When I get home I will tackle food since you listed it on here. :-)

I won't be back on until around 9:30 ish EST so don't worry if I don't respond right away! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Threes.Company
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Have Claire (above me ^^) do your BMR.

Your calorie consumption is way low for the amount of workouts you are doing.  You are starving your body, so your body won't let pounds go.  It's hoarding them since it doesn't think you're going to feed yourself.  That's what happens in starvation mode.  Eat more!!!

Join MyFitnessPal.com to better track your calories eaten and so you know how many calories to eat back, based on exercise.

nicole2884
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I did join sparkpeople which is the same thing, an it says im eatting the right amount of calories so i m very confused but claire is helping me, thank god, an so im sure ill get back on track

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)