Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

i have been working out for 4mths an i have only lost 10 pounds , the first two months i wasnt as hard core as i am now

now im working out 5 an 6 times a week, an over the last month i have not lost a pound 

i have a protein shake -milk an powder only- for breakfast

if i get hungry which normally dont i have a servings of almonds mid morn snack

for lunch im having a sandwich with low cal bread an cheese an Dijon mustard and a granola bar

for afternoon snack  a serving of cottage cheese an black berries

for dinner it just depends im starting to stray from the carbs as a effort to lose more, but nothing crazy an i have the calories left over to eat whatever usually have at leat 500 cals left for dinner

im alternating workouts between  Jillian michaels 30 day shred , biggest loser cardio max , an im walk/jogging 12 miles a week

i mean honestly what more can i freaking do , i was patient up to this point but with no progress over the last month im pissed , an i REALLY REALLY wanna lose at least 10 more pounds before we ttc in another 4 mths 

HELP

after claires help an myfitnesspal and seeing this recent picture of me , i realized i have nothing to be frustrated about an that im getting there slowly but surely an 

THANKS A MILLION FOR THE HELP CLAIRE im back on track

by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Replies (11-16):
Threes.Company
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Quoting nicole2884:

I did join sparkpeople which is the same thing, an it says im eatting the right amount of calories so i m very confused but claire is helping me, thank god, an so im sure ill get back on track

Sparkpeople told you that 1600 calories is enough based on the workouts you are doing?  I am not sure how that site is set up... do you eat back your exercise calories?

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

nicole2884
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:30 PM

they told me anywhere between 1340 an 1669 depending on workout , an i added up all my calories an it came to 1070 before i ate dinner so im so confused by far

i hoping clarie will help me figure it out 

it has to be what im eating or something

the other part is , i thought in order to lose weight you have to eat less than your suggested bmr 

an my friend said if i wanted to lose i need to eat 1250 a day , but if that was the case i should be losing

im gonna be adding more fruit an veggies, fat burning foods an metabolism boosting things too, 

but i just need claires help to push me in the right direction

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting nicole2884:

I did join sparkpeople which is the same thing, an it says im eatting the right amount of calories so i m very confused but claire is helping me, thank god, an so im sure ill get back on track

Sparkpeople told you that 1600 calories is enough based on the workouts you are doing?  I am not sure how that site is set up... do you eat back your exercise calories?

Threes.Company
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Your BMR is what your body needs to survive... so if you just laid in bed, in a coma, that is what your body would need just to sustain your life.  You should never be below your BMR.

Many of the weight loss journaling websites will also factor your non-exercise activity into your calorie count.  So, for mine, I have it set at "lightly active".  When I am not working out, my daily activities qualify as lightly active.  More calories are then added to my BMR. 

So, according to MyFitnessPal, with my BMR AND my normal daily activity (before exercise), my body needs 1950 calories.  If I want to lose 1 lb per week, they subtract 500 calories from that.  So, I need to be at 1450 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week.  BUT, if I exercise, I need to eat back those calories.  I use a heart rate monitor to calculate my burned calories.  Today, for example, I worked out for 2 hours and burned 1248 calories.  That means I need to eat my 1450 PLUS another 1248 calories.  Yes, that is a LOT of calories... but when I am doing big workouts like that, I have to fuel my body for it.

Does that make sense?

Quoting nicole2884:

they told me anywhere between 1340 an 1669 depending on workout , an i added up all my calories an it came to 1070 before i ate dinner so im so confused by far

i hoping clarie will help me figure it out 

it has to be what im eating or something

the other part is , i thought in order to lose weight you have to eat less than your suggested bmr 

an my friend said if i wanted to lose i need to eat 1250 a day , but if that was the case i should be losing

im gonna be adding more fruit an veggies, fat burning foods an metabolism boosting things too, 

but i just need claires help to push me in the right direction

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting nicole2884:

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

itsm3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

you're not eating enough and your body is going into starvation mode based on what you're eating.  when this happens, your body stops burning calories to retain as much fat as possible.

increase your protein consumption, include lots of fresh veggies and fruit. drink lots of water.  

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

nicole2884
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM

bump

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Awww....YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!! :-) 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)