Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Someone was telling me about...**edit**

Posted by   + Show Post

a faturday..every saturday she doenst count cals...or workout. she eats watever junk food she wouldnt allow herself any other day. Does anyone else do this? If so how much does it really affect your weightloss. I LOVE the idea. Especially since on Sundays we all eat lunch at my moms ((its usually fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese, & rolls)) But im spekical cause i dont wanna lose any progress. Tell me how yall feel about the idea

EDIT**ok i didnt mean make myself sick from junk but i meant eat a fatty meal and maybe some ice cream that night. Healthy breaksfast & dinner. I just dont want to have to turn down my moms food. And trust me its gonna be deep fried in grease and slather in butter. But thank you for your opinons. I just didnt want ppl to be confused by wat i meant. I would not plan on eating TOO much.. just stuff i normally wouldnt allow.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (11-19):
Elise_Gurrola
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM
i dont have cheat days. i try to stay in my calories. but i allow myself to have want i crave i just work it in. i also work out more. i feel if you dont eat what you crave then later you will binge and that is worst.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

In response to your edit...

Eating bad foods in MODERATION is key.  So if you are going to eat your mom's food, that is fine.  But just know that it is deep friend and slathered in butter.  So, eat less than you would normally eat.  Let's say she makes fried chicken.  Eat just one piece instead of 3-4.  (Not saying you normally eat 3-4, I am just giving an example.)  If she made sweet potatoes loaded in sugar and butter, then have some... but maybe stick to just 1/3 of a cup instead of piling on a whole heap onto your plate. 

You can eat unhealthy foods in a somewhat healthy manner by at least being conscious about your portions.  That way your "cheat" meal might be 1000 calories instead of 2500 calories.

mama2gg
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM
I have cheat meals it works for me but a cheat meal for me is like chicken with pasta age bread lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I give myself treats in moderation throughout the week when I feel like I need it.  I'd rather spread it out and keep portions small to keep my belly from being sick and also so I'm not holding out to binge on one day, LOL (because personally, I would).  

But some ladies here do cheat days and find that when they eat healthy and proper portions all week, it's difficult to "cheat" because they get full so easily.  But for me I just couldn't do it.

calliesmom19
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Thank you all i apperiate your opinions alot. I think that i will feel better now about my diet. Its only been 3 days. And this is my 1st weight loss journey. So i still feel conflicted about alot of different aspects of it. Once again THANKS! :)

liz.a.powell
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I will sometimes allow myself a sugary treat but not every week. I try to not consume too many processed sugars, however I LOVE ICE CREAM so occassionally I will have a blizzard from Dairy queen. Sadly it is most generally unstatisfying and then I'll go another month without having one.

ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I have found that whenever I cheat it always shows on the scale. I cheat once a month. I have a monthly poker game that I attend and I drink beer and eat 2 slices of pizza. I can't have a weekly cheat meal because I wouldn't lose any weight if I did

calliesmom19
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Thats what im worried about. :( beer and TWO slices of pizza once a month! i cant believe it sets you back soo bad. Pizza was kinda my go to meal when i didnt have time to cook. I gonna have to find something else.

Quoting ZakTuffMavsMom:

I have found that whenever I cheat it always shows on the scale. I cheat once a month. I have a monthly poker game that I attend and I drink beer and eat 2 slices of pizza. I can't have a weekly cheat meal because I wouldn't lose any weight if I did

ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM

It sets me back for that week, but for the month as a whole, it works out ok. It's just that I can only do it once a month and not once a week.

Quoting calliesmom19:

Thats what im worried about. :( beer and TWO slices of pizza once a month! i cant believe it sets you back soo bad. Pizza was kinda my go to meal when i didnt have time to cook. I gonna have to find something else.

Quoting ZakTuffMavsMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)