Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

whats a good replacement for...

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM
  • 7 Replies
Something like slimfast or a good detox shake (low cal) ? I rarely get a lunch and want something to get me thru? Slimfast is too $$ anyways ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
miasmommy21407
by Maegan on May. 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Those shakes really aren't good for you and they don't teach you how to eat healthy. A lot of ladies in the group use Shakeology (sp) or Body by Vi shakes but honestly I refuse to drink my calories in shakes.

What about something small like a half sandwhich and a soup (they make some low sodium kinds in drinkable cups that might be convienant for you)?

nursetiffany.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Id prefer something I can keep in a covered glass for sanitary purposes. .the soup is out as id have to stop to it up might as well sit and eat...I'm looking for something I can grab out of the fridge and drink while running around like crazy :p thanks tho! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diblasi21
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:43 AM
2 moms liked this
I would suggest shakeology! It is 100% healthy for you and NOTHING like Body by Vi or slim fast! Well worth every $$$!!! Quick easy, keeps u full from one meal to the next, gives you energy!! :-) I drink it daily!!
nlonnon
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:56 AM
Make your own smoothie. That way you can control what you put into it. There are many recipes out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsies041
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Shakeology is pricy but amazing! Lots of great recipes for it too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Agree this is what I do

.5 frozen fruit
.5 cup chocolate almond milk
1 small container of low fat plain yogurt

Blend into wonderful

230 cals

I add 3 slices of turkey bacon on the side for protien and 55 cals

Quoting nlonnon:

Make your own smoothie. That way you can control what you put into it. There are many recipes out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I would try to avoid those shakes if possible.  Many of them are loaded in sugar, which is not great if you are trying to lose weight.  I agree with the others who said to try making your own shake with natural fruits and milk (or even 35-calorie almond milk) and protein powder.

Otherwise I would just pack yourself a sandwich or something that you can eat on the go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)