Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

healthy hamburger recipes please help

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM
  • 9 Replies
OK ladies I'm running low on groceries and I got hamburger n lots of species so give me some healthy hamburger recipes u love or want to try. I need help. Thanks in advance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
miasmommy21407
by Maegan on May. 3, 2012 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
mom2ellasophia
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I usually just make ground turkey patties: mix minced garlic, chopped onion, season salt, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce.

I just eat a pattie over a big bed of lettuce with ketchup and mustard, sliced pickles and tomatoes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by Tanya on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

http://www.jocooks.com/main-courses/pork-main-courses/stuffed-zucchini/

Here is one that I haven't tried yet that sounds really good.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this

1 lb ground turkey or 90/10 grass-fed beef

1/2 cup cauliflower puree (really makes a big difference!)

1 TBSP soy sauce

1 egg

1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs

1 tsp oregano

2 TSBP fresh parsley (or 2 tsp dried)

2 TBSP minced onions

1 clove chopped garlic

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400.

Shape into burgers, and brown in an oven-safe pan with 1 TBSP olive oil for 4 minutes over medium heat.

Flip the burgers, and stick them in the oven for 4 more minutes.

Done!

I add a thin slice of cheese sometimes after 2 minutes in the oven.  The whole 4 minutes is too long and I like it to totally melt.

I use whole wheat or sprouted wheat buns (or no buns), lettuce, tomatoes, mustard and dill relish.  Also good with Jack cheese and mango salsa with avocados.  You can also use spinach in lieu of lettuce.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

blackoceanveiw
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:54 AM
I have everything but cauliflower puree could I use something else instead? N how many calories n how many serving?

Quoting musicpisces:

1 TBSP soy sauce

1 egg

1 tsp oregano

2 TBSP minced onions

1 clove chopped garlic

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400.

Shape into burgers, and brown in an oven-safe pan with 1 TBSP olive oil for 4 minutes over medium heat.

Done!

I add a thin slice of cheese sometimes after 2 minutes in the oven.  The whole 4 minutes is too long and I like it to totally melt.

I use whole wheat or sprouted wheat buns (or no buns), lettuce, tomatoes, mustard and dill relish.  Also good with Jack cheese and mango salsa with avocados.  You can also use spinach in lieu of lettuce.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM

You have to make your own cauliflower puree.  it really makes a difference- it makes it so much more moist.  I'd have to put it into a website to find out how many calories.  I get a good 12 burgers out of it (I don't make huge burgers).  I make the burgers to fit the buns I have.

Quoting blackoceanveiw:

I have everything but cauliflower puree could I use something else instead? N how many calories n how many serving?

Quoting musicpisces:

1 TBSP soy sauce

1 egg

1 tsp oregano

2 TBSP minced onions

1 clove chopped garlic

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400.

Done!

Suzanne

blackoceanveiw
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM
I don't have any cauliflower not even frozen. I have frozen peas n corn left n I have baby carrots n cabellna peppers left no more fruit n that's the veggies I have till next Friday. So would I have to use the cauliflower puree?

Quoting musicpisces:

You have to make your own cauliflower puree.  it really makes a difference- it makes it so much more moist.  I'd have to put it into a website to find out how many calories.  I get a good 12 burgers out of it (I don't make huge burgers).  I make the burgers to fit the buns I have.

Quoting blackoceanveiw:

Quoting musicpisces:

1 TBSP soy sauce

1 egg

1 tsp oregano

2 TBSP minced onions

1 clove chopped garlic

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400.

Done!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM
You could do it without, but they're much better with! I've done it without, and they were fine, but they're super moist and a little sweeter with it. Try it without for now, and then try it again another time with the purée.

Suzanne

KaNiShA521
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Check out zucchini boats! Mmmm. I don't have the recipe but try allrecipes.com. My family loved them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN