Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Getting started on exercise and workout routine?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hi y'all! So I haven't exercised or worked out in several months. I have let my weight and exercise routine slide a little. Well a lot, actually. lol I want to start back doing my workouts but don't know if I should start off doing little by little, like doing a 10 min workout or 15, 20? IDK. I don't want to over do it. And what kinda of workout should I start off with? Cardio? Please help! Thanks!!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbabies11
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Bump

miller060905
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:35 AM
When I started I did 30 minutes on my stationary bike a few days a week. Then upped to 5 days a week and then to 45-60 minutes a day, then I started adding in some days of going for a 3-4 mile walk in place of the bike and then started doing some type of exercise DVD in the mornings a couple days a week and the bike or walk in the evenings still 5 days a week.

Just start with something small you like to get yourself into a routine and slowly add to it as you feel like it until you're happy with what you're doing!

Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies11
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Thanks! I think I will do a 10 min cardio workout and then walk a few miles this evening.

Quoting miller060905:

When I started I did 30 minutes on my stationary bike a few days a week. Then upped to 5 days a week and then to 45-60 minutes a day, then I started adding in some days of going for a 3-4 mile walk in place of the bike and then started doing some type of exercise DVD in the mornings a couple days a week and the bike or walk in the evenings still 5 days a week.

Just start with something small you like to get yourself into a routine and slowly add to it as you feel like it until you're happy with what you're doing!

Good luck mama!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM

When I started in mid Feb- I started with 15-30 min a day EVERY day...now I'm shooting for a full  hour 5 days a week and I have two days that end up between 30 min to an hour.

I have added a little more time  every week

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 3, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Start with what you'll stick with.  You'll want to build up to at least 45-60 minutes 5 days a week, ideally.

When I started my journey, I was already going to the gym, but I wasn't working out nearly as intensely as I am now.  About 6 months into my journey, I started running, and I would do 30 minutes, walking a block, running a block, in a loop around my neighborhood.  For now, I'd start with what you feel ready for.  It's a good idea to do some strength training at least twice a week, but right now, establishing a routine and getting a fitness base is most important.  What kinds of exercise do you enjoy?  Doing more than one thing will help keep you from plateauing and from getting bored.

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

twinsies041
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I started with the 30 day shred and running. It was  a great start! The shred is very easy now! GL!

Samjoel
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM

When I started I did a 30 min. workout called walk away the pounds...It's not to tough but It will make you sweat....

hance6
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I love walk away the pounds.  These are workout dvd/videos by Leslie Sansone, she has all different ones.  I have the 1, 2, 3, and 5 mile walks, plus another one that is 5 miles.  Awesome easy to do but real workout!

Quoting Samjoel:

When I started I did a 30 min. workout called walk away the pounds...It's not to tough but It will make you sweat....

momof3570
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Quoting hance6:

I love walk away the pounds.  These are workout dvd/videos by Leslie Sansone, she has all different ones.  I have the 1, 2, 3, and 5 mile walks, plus another one that is 5 miles.  Awesome easy to do but real workout!

Quoting Samjoel:

When u did the walk away the pound how much weight did u lose?

hance6
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I really can't say how much I lost with that, because on nice days I walk outside at least 2 miles a day with DD in stroller.  During winter and rainy days is when I use the walk away the pounds.  I started March 1st weighed 238, I am now down to 218.  So 20lbs in 2 months.  All the excersice I have done is the walking outside when nice and do one of the workouts on the bad weather days.  

Quoting momof3570:

Quoting hance6:

Quoting Samjoel:

When u did the walk away the pound how much weight did u lose?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)