Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

2012 Spring/Summer Challenge - Starting Weights/Goals

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay ladies...it's time for our Spring/Summer Challenge!  

This time, our challenge will be for pounds loss, inches lost, going down in pant size, or whatever your own personal goals might be!  Make this challenge personal for you!  

This week, list your starting weight, starting inches, or starting pant size.

Good luck ladies!  This challenge will go from May until the end August...4 months!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Replies (51-60):
Threes.Company
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Starting weight: 145
Goal weight: 135
Starting pant size: 4 or 6
Goal pant size: solid 4
Goal: Triathlon in June, run a half marathon (not in a race, just for distance on my own)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2012 at 6:24 AM

No specific rules...we weigh in on Fridays or post your inches.  We encourage each other along the way and we do NOT give up!  That's the only rule...don't give up!

Quoting MayraLopez:

this is my first time joyning this challenge... can someone please tell me some of the rules?
now my weight is 174.5 i never get do
wn 170..
i wanna go down to 135-140
current size is 13-14
my goal will be 7/8
I will continue with my Zumba Classes
Thanxz.. =)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Weight loss is something you have to really want for yourself...period!  The motivation has to come from inside of you.  Allow yourself small treats at times but don't go overboard.  Make sure you have healthy snacks around like fruits, veggies, lowfat cheese, etc.  Good luck!

Quoting card512002:

I have tried eating granola bars and oats and things like that but when I start feeling hungry I just grab chips or cookies or what ever is around that is sweet.  I just cant seem to keep my hands off of the things that sweet.  I just seem to be on auto-pilot and just grab and eat.  I do exercise alittle but just dont seem to have the time to do it much.  My boss and I have started walking on one of our breaks in the morning.  I am just having a hard time and get mad at myself for doing it.   

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Welcome to the group!  We are here for support and encouragment and all we ask is that you don't give up!  Fill your diet with fruits, veggies, lean protein, whole grains, and lowfat dairy.  Drink LOTS of water!  Little to no processed food!  Find some sort of activity/exercise that you like to do and go from there.  Good luck mama!

Quoting FLOWERPOWERSHER:

Hi Freinds i'm looken for support in tryen to loose a couple pant sizes mainly for my middle  so not so insecure .. I always do at home workouts and dvd's and walken alot more downtown with bf .. I need some support freinds ? Please i turn a wow 48 on the 17th and haven't reached my right goal weight as in size 6 and want to wear shorts and a swimsuit for pictures again its been a thing to boost my confidence and a goal ...i've had for two years now but stress and unforseen cercumstances got in way ,, also to eat healthier , not deprived and balanced Diets never work .. anyway any takers to and to support  ? Sherrie

parkersmama08
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:38 AM
2 moms liked this
You can do it! I know how hard it is, I started at 322 and I'm down 57lbs. I'm still.going 6 months later! If i can do it anyone can! Make realistic small goals and congratulate yourself when you reach them.

Quoting Ashley.Burress:

I guess I'll be the biggest to join this challenge!

Todays weight: 326lbs (I was 345lbs after I gave birth to my son.)
Pant size: 26/28

Goals: To continue walking 4 miles but to do it daily, I've been doing it every other day and have skipped some. I want to get to 300lbs which is my short term goal. Once I've reached that my long term goal would be to reach 200, then to stop around 175 or so.
I realize, given my current weight and size I'll have a long way to go and will have to get a tummy tuck, etc. But I'm determined to lose this weight and I will not give up! =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie27
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Bump to hold my place. I'll do my weights/measurements tonight!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I agree...you can do this mama!  We will be here for you along the way!

Quoting parkersmama08:

You can do it! I know how hard it is, I started at 322 and I'm down 57lbs. I'm still.going 6 months later! If i can do it anyone can! Make realistic small goals and congratulate yourself when you reach them.

Quoting Ashley.Burress:

I guess I'll be the biggest to join this challenge!

Todays weight: 326lbs (I was 345lbs after I gave birth to my son.)
Pant size: 26/28

Goals: To continue walking 4 miles but to do it daily, I've been doing it every other day and have skipped some. I want to get to 300lbs which is my short term goal. Once I've reached that my long term goal would be to reach 200, then to stop around 175 or so.
I realize, given my current weight and size I'll have a long way to go and will have to get a tummy tuck, etc. But I'm determined to lose this weight and I will not give up! =)

Juliejinks
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Starting wt 170
goal weight 145
I will be doing zumba chalene extreme and turbo fire workouts 5 days a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FabulousMum
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I'll have to verify what i'm weighing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lhlady517
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM

5/6--Weight: 170

Goal: 155

pants: size 10

Goal: comfortable 8 maybe a 6

I will continue working on toning by doing a lot of cardio/scult, kickboxing, and TaeBo

I will track my fitness and nutrition on Sparkpeople.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN