Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I have a question, probably for Claire

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:45 AM
  • 2 Replies
I've seen a ton of posts asking about Insanity. Here's my question: how fit should you be before starting it? Here's a little background...
I've lost 38 lbs so far, putting me at 146.4 lbs, so almost a healthy weight. I have completed The 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, both Jillian Michaels DVDs. I just bought her Extreme Shed and Shred and will start it on Monday. In addition to the 30 minutes of Jillian, I also do 30 minutes of Pilates, both 6 days per week. I also take Zumba or do some other cardio at the gym at least 3 days per week. So on those days I get in 2 hours of exercise. I've developed nice ab muscles and my shoulders and arms are in great shape too :)
Would someone like me be "ready" for Insanity? I wouldn't start it at least until completing my new Jillian DVD, so at least a month. Thanks for any input!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 4, 2012 at 6:51 AM

It sounds like you are there! 

The thing about Insanity is that it is not for beginners. It is for people that are already fairly fit and ready for a challenge- and a challenge it is! 

The first month is approximately 39-45 minutes per DVD ( depends on whether Cardio Abs is added to the workout). Month 2 is 60+ minutes due to adding extra workouts. 

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Lesgerm
by Leslie on May. 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Thank you!! I figured I'd be ready but don't want to spend the money if I can't do it. I'm excited :)
I'm thinking it will be my summer challenge :)

Quoting mcginnisc:

It sounds like you are there! 

The thing about Insanity is that it is not for beginners. It is for people that are already fairly fit and ready for a challenge- and a challenge it is! 

The first month is approximately 39-45 minutes per DVD ( depends on whether Cardio Abs is added to the workout). Month 2 is 60+ minutes due to adding extra workouts. 

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)