Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

All you runners that just run and not do anything else for weight loss can you please share your story. Thanks a bunch!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-18):
Hunnybadgerkins
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Claire said everything I was going to

Baby.on.board
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I know this is really random, but I read on yahoo that people who jog often expand 6 years to their life span!

momof3570
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Quoting Baby.on.board:

I know this is really random, but I read on yahoo that people who jog often expand 6 years to their life span!

I hear that today on the news :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Baby.on.board:

I'll live to be a million at this rate then! LOL 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Baby.on.board
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

You and my mom!!! Gosh, that woman could run for days if she could stay up long enough. Pass some of your years to me! haha

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Baby.on.board:

I'll live to be a million at this rate then! LOL 

Shawna510
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I love to run outside and run distance. I have noticed I loose interest running in circles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM
If you are looking to tone, definitely keep up the strength training. It'll really help your running as well. How are you eating? Remember that food intake is 80% of the battle.
Running was my primary (not only) form of exercise for about 1 1/2 years, until March 10, when I fell and seriously injured my knee. During the time I was running, I lost about 70 of the 90 lbs I've lost so far. I've been in the gym for about a month now, doing almost everything BUT running (which I miss like an old friend that has moved away, but still calls often). Running will not in and of itself really tone you up, but it you keep up with the weights (I love them, too!!), you'll really see results, if you combine it with the right eating plan.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 5, 2012 at 6:07 AM

I'm with Claire on this one...for a while ALL I did was run and then my legs started telling me that I needed a break and needed to do something else.  I did one round of Insanity at the beginning of this year and now I'm doing round 2 of Insanity (hybrid version), so I'm doing 3 days/week Insanity, 3 days/week strength, and run 5-6 days.  

Quoting mcginnisc:

There are not many runners out there that don't cross train in some form. It makes runners faster and more efficient when they do other workouts and include weight training. 

Personally, I run 3-4x per week as running more than that is not great for your body as it needs days off to rest. Then, 6 days per week I do a Beachbody DVD-currently Asylum as it incorporates strength and a ton of cardio. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN