Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I signed up for a 90-Day Weight Loss Challenge through my gym (Life Time Fitness) in early February.  My goal was to lose 20 lbs.  My weight loss journey ACTUALLY began a year before that, but I figured it would be a good way to push myself to get those last 20 lbs handled.  I weighed in at 165 for the start of the contest.  Today was my final weigh in... and I got down to 144.8!  I lost a total of 20.2 lbs in 90 days.  That is 12.24% of my starting weight.  I reached my goal weight!!!

I am not sure yet if I won the contest or not.  I believe they are announcing a winner on Sunday.  Everyone is going in for their final weigh-ins now.  I am really nervous about it, but all I can do is wait!

Anyway, I wanted to share my before and after pictures.  The first before picture is from when I joined my gym over a year ago.  I had already dropped 8 lbs by that point.  The middle picture is from the beginning of the weight loss contest back in February (90 days ago!).  The last picture is from this morning at 144.8 lbs!

I still would like to lose another 5, maybe 10 lbs (TOPS), mainly from my butt/hips/thighs.  Obviously I cannot lose from specific spots.  It's got to happen on its own!  I will continue to do my strength-training and my triathlon cardio training, and hopefully it will happen as I go!  I adjusted my MFP goals so that I am only trying to lose 1 lb per week instead of 1.5 lbs.  I am slowing things down and not going as aggressive now.  I want to continue to lose a little bit while also shifting gently into maintenance mode.

Anyway, I was just proud of myself for getting to my goal, so I wanted to share my success with you ladies!  :)  Thanks for reading!

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
mama2gg
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM

you lost a TON off your hips!

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting mama2gg:

YOU LOOK AMAZING MAMA wowowowowowow sexy sexy women! GIVE ME THEM ABS shit

Thanks, Lee!!!  LOL!  :)  :)

Threes.Company
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

It took forever for that part of finally come off!  The whole middle section... stomach, hips, thighs, butt... that stuff all was the last part to finally start shrinking!  I was thrilled when I started seeing bigger changes there!  Thanks! :)

Quoting mama2gg:

you lost a TON off your hips!

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting mama2gg:

YOU LOOK AMAZING MAMA wowowowowowow sexy sexy women! GIVE ME THEM ABS shit

Thanks, Lee!!!  LOL!  :)  :)

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

swesolek6
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Sexy mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami.to.two
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

you look amazing!

bearsbabies
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
who hoo congrats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
btamilee
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow....you look GREAT!  I love your short hair, its adorable!

mich.el.le
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Great job! You look awesome! :)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You look great!  

al09
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

You looked pretty good to begin with...but now you look amazing. :) Great job!

Hunnybadgerkins
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

you look wonderful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)