Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I signed up for a 90-Day Weight Loss Challenge through my gym (Life Time Fitness) in early February.  My goal was to lose 20 lbs.  My weight loss journey ACTUALLY began a year before that, but I figured it would be a good way to push myself to get those last 20 lbs handled.  I weighed in at 165 for the start of the contest.  Today was my final weigh in... and I got down to 144.8!  I lost a total of 20.2 lbs in 90 days.  That is 12.24% of my starting weight.  I reached my goal weight!!!

I am not sure yet if I won the contest or not.  I believe they are announcing a winner on Sunday.  Everyone is going in for their final weigh-ins now.  I am really nervous about it, but all I can do is wait!

Anyway, I wanted to share my before and after pictures.  The first before picture is from when I joined my gym over a year ago.  I had already dropped 8 lbs by that point.  The middle picture is from the beginning of the weight loss contest back in February (90 days ago!).  The last picture is from this morning at 144.8 lbs!

I still would like to lose another 5, maybe 10 lbs (TOPS), mainly from my butt/hips/thighs.  Obviously I cannot lose from specific spots.  It's got to happen on its own!  I will continue to do my strength-training and my triathlon cardio training, and hopefully it will happen as I go!  I adjusted my MFP goals so that I am only trying to lose 1 lb per week instead of 1.5 lbs.  I am slowing things down and not going as aggressive now.  I want to continue to lose a little bit while also shifting gently into maintenance mode.

Anyway, I was just proud of myself for getting to my goal, so I wanted to share my success with you ladies!  :)  Thanks for reading!

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Way to go!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

itsm3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM

doesn't matter if you won your fitness challege at your gym; you're a winner for doing this anyway and sticking with it! congrats and you look fab :)

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Threes.Company
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM
That's what I keep telling myself! I did absolutely everything in my power to lose as much as I could in a HEALTHY manner. I did my best the whole time, so if I don't win, I have nothing to feel bad about.

Thank you!!!

Quoting itsm3:

doesn't matter if you won your fitness challege at your gym; you're a winner for doing this anyway and sticking with it! congrats and you look fab :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!! I just got it cut last night! I'm loving it short! So much easier to manage when I've got 3 kids to take care of!!

Quoting btamilee:

Wow....you look GREAT!  I love your short hair, its adorable!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Im 5'9" and weigh 149 and am trying for 8 more lbs. You look great!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebekahmuse
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
You look great!! Super jealous of your abs! Good job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrittBurke
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I hope you win but even if you don't you look awesome! You're arms and back really look so toned, I want that! lol

missg8
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

YAY!!!! Good job!

letstalk747
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

well done

BelindaDuvessa
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  Good job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)