Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I signed up for a 90-Day Weight Loss Challenge through my gym (Life Time Fitness) in early February.  My goal was to lose 20 lbs.  My weight loss journey ACTUALLY began a year before that, but I figured it would be a good way to push myself to get those last 20 lbs handled.  I weighed in at 165 for the start of the contest.  Today was my final weigh in... and I got down to 144.8!  I lost a total of 20.2 lbs in 90 days.  That is 12.24% of my starting weight.  I reached my goal weight!!!

I am not sure yet if I won the contest or not.  I believe they are announcing a winner on Sunday.  Everyone is going in for their final weigh-ins now.  I am really nervous about it, but all I can do is wait!

Anyway, I wanted to share my before and after pictures.  The first before picture is from when I joined my gym over a year ago.  I had already dropped 8 lbs by that point.  The middle picture is from the beginning of the weight loss contest back in February (90 days ago!).  The last picture is from this morning at 144.8 lbs!

I still would like to lose another 5, maybe 10 lbs (TOPS), mainly from my butt/hips/thighs.  Obviously I cannot lose from specific spots.  It's got to happen on its own!  I will continue to do my strength-training and my triathlon cardio training, and hopefully it will happen as I go!  I adjusted my MFP goals so that I am only trying to lose 1 lb per week instead of 1.5 lbs.  I am slowing things down and not going as aggressive now.  I want to continue to lose a little bit while also shifting gently into maintenance mode.

Anyway, I was just proud of myself for getting to my goal, so I wanted to share my success with you ladies!  :)  Thanks for reading!

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!! You look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiejean
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

great job we had about the same starting weight! (179 for me) I'm at 160.4 right now and want to be at least 145 for my 1st goal.  you look amazing!!!

Threes.Company
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Quoting jessiejean:

great job we had about the same starting weight! (179 for me) I'm at 160.4 right now and want to be at least 145 for my 1st goal.  you look amazing!!!

Thank you!!  And great job!  I am sure you will get there!!!  Keep pushing! :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You look fantastic mama!

jbyrd898
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats! you look awesome

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You look fantastic mama!

Thanks, Darby!!

sophiesmom07
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome job!  Now go enjoy the summer~ ;)

april80s
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

way to go

Lisa2424
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
That's amazing!!!! You look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)