Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Jenifer's Super Awesome Weight Loss Journal

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
(Well the instructions did say to make the title interesting)

My goal is to lose 78 pounds, in order to get out of the obese category of BMI.
I'd like to get down to 150 pounds.
I have an umbilical hernia that I'd like to avoid having surgery on. My dr said weight loss might help.
I'd also LOVE to have another baby and need to be healthy for that.

My current stats are:

GOAL 150#

Height 5'11"
Current Weight 228# (as heavy as I was the day before I had my youngest born 2/7/10)
Hips 47"
Waist 45.5"
Bust 45.5"
Belly (around the hernia, just above my belly button) 42.75"
Thighs 26" (both measured the same)
BMI 31.8 Obese

I did take pics today (5/3/2012) but I'm not sure I have the balls to post them. So stay tuned. Haha!! ;)
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cat.astrophe
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Post em! Ima take some tomorrow and post mine =) lol Gunna shortcut your post! Good luck

WheelerWife
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Quoting Cat.astrophe:

Post em! Ima take some tomorrow and post mine =) lol Gunna shortcut your post! Good luck

Thanks!! I either need to figure out how to post them from my phone or get on DH's computer.

I am going to post them.
WheelerWife
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Alrighty, no pics up yet, but I haven't deleted them so I call that some progress.

Also today I did 45 minutes on the treadmill while watching the very first episode of Glee. I needed to see what all the buzz was about. I think I found my new walking buddy. ;)
WheelerWife
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Going on day 3 of no soda. Didn't get a work out in yet but I plan to have the kids jump on their bikes and accompany me on a trip for a treat after dinner.

I did get 45 minutes in on the treadmill yesterday though. Glee is so great. ;)
WheelerWife
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Today I got my 45 minutes in on the treadmill, no thanks to Mimi Jo. Then we were off to her last session of swimming lessons.

Later there's a play at the boys' school so we're gonna bike there. Yay summer!!!
WheelerWife
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I increased my incline on the treadmill resulting in an extra 40 calories worked off.

I've decided I'm only gonna weigh myself weekly and do measurements monthly. Monday's weight was 223, down 5. I hope that trend continues.

No soda in over a week. I want one sooooooo badly today but...must...stay...strong...;)
rlhall1980
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Great job!!!!

Quoting WheelerWife:

I increased my incline on the treadmill resulting in an extra 40 calories worked off.

I've decided I'm only gonna weigh myself weekly and do measurements monthly. Monday's weight was 223, down 5. I hope that trend continues.

No soda in over a week. I want one sooooooo badly today but...must...stay...strong...;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WheelerWife
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 5:30 PM
It's been awhile since I've posted here but I kinda fell off the workout wagon for a week but then jumped back on and am paying the price today.

Saturday we biked 17 miles. Hello sore legs.

Then Monday I went to boot camp. Hello sore body.

I'm on break today because I can barely move. But there's still soccer to coach and kids to entertain, so no rest for the wicked.

Unfortunately my weight went up...again. :( I'm so tired of the up and down.

Off to a water balloon party now.
WheelerWife
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Family took a 2 week vacation so I'm getting back on track.

DH signed us up for a gym membership (Planet Fitness) and, when oldest DS watches youngest DD, we get to go together.

I also signed up for a year of Jazzercise.:) I am, however, having a hard time getting to do both (DH signed us up AFTER I signed myself up for Jazzercise) because classes are at set times and PF is open 24 hours M-F. So I find myself there more. Guess I better get my butt to the 6am class so I'm not wasting money.

Still flirting with 222 and 221.5 soooooo frustrating. But this too shall pass?
s.popski
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Hi! I was just reading through some of these journals and realized that we are pretty much the same. I'm 5'11 (6' on a good day) and I am also starting out at 222. I'm not quite as ambitious as you, my goal is only 160-165. Do you have a date or time frame that you want to achieve your goal within? Mine is set to the time my son turns 1 on May 9th 2013.   I look forward to hearing more about your weight loss journey and wish you luck on reaching your goals! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN