Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Toning the Thighs?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

What would work best? Ive been working out for the past few years, and really buckled down the last year and have lost 63lbs total in the last 5 years since having my 2nd and final child. I work out 3-5 days a week on an elliptical machine for an hour a day. How can I tone my thighs more? thats the main problem area for me. I was thinking doing squats so I tried to do 20 of them tonight and the front of my thighs hurt, but its the back that needs work. Any advice?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MamaKarrot
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Try looking into yoga.  A lot of yoga poses are really great for building leg muscles because they use your body weight as resistance.

For instance: chair pose, warrior poses, pyramid, eagle, just to name a few. :) 

I work out at the gym so I have an availability of strength training machines to work my legs, but I also do lunges and squats weekly in addition to those machines, and then I give my leg muscles a week to heal and work on another muscle group in the meantime.  

You could also invest in one of those half balls, and do squats on those at home.  Those are killer, lol.  As far as the squats, they should work the back of your legs too if you're putting most of your weight in your heels.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 5, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Great advice here:)  

Quoting MamaKarrot:

Try looking into yoga.  A lot of yoga poses are really great for building leg muscles because they use your body weight as resistance.

For instance: chair pose, warrior poses, pyramid, eagle, just to name a few. :) 

I work out at the gym so I have an availability of strength training machines to work my legs, but I also do lunges and squats weekly in addition to those machines, and then I give my leg muscles a week to heal and work on another muscle group in the meantime.  

You could also invest in one of those half balls, and do squats on those at home.  Those are killer, lol.  As far as the squats, they should work the back of your legs too if you're putting most of your weight in your heels.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN