Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

workout buddy

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:38 AM
  • 4 Replies

Do you think its better to have a workout buddy, or to go it alone? I would like to have a buddy, someone to bs with, make the time go by quicker, someone to motivate me a lil more.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Star127
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:44 AM
It depends.. Ive had so many people.who wanted to work out with me and then bailed after one work out. Then i have one friend.who is.an on and.off.again girl. Im okay with working out alone but it does seem like more fun with someone else. But this is not a game for me, if they are not ready i cant wait till they are. And its hard enough to motivate myself much less some one.else for now.... So it just depends good.partner .... Bad partner :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yanis
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I believe so. I go alone to the gym and see all these woman with their work out buddies and I am jealous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM

A buddy can be great!!  The ONLY downfall I see is relying too much on them, and not holding yourself accountable without them.  Then if that person gives up, that can make it really easy for YOU to give up as well.  Otherwise, I think it's fantastic motivation, it does help keep you accountable, it's fun, you can have friendly competitions (if you're like me!), etc.  I had a good friend that I'd go to the gym with, and while we'd do different workouts, we'd check in with each other periodically, and still chit chat and such.  I miss that!  I've been a runner since Sept. '10, and I have only gone running once with someone, and she lives 10 hours away!  I'm finding my running friends all of a sudden, now that I'm injured and can't freaking run!  LOL

But bottom line, yes, a workout buddy is an awesome way to go, just be sure to keep yourself accountable, too!  Don't let it be the ONLY thing keeping you accountable!

treadmill

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 5, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Everyone is different so you'll just have to try and see what works for you.  I don't like to workout with others, but that's just me:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)