Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

So far...

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:10 AM
  • 14 Replies

So, I decided to measure again yesterday and so far- I've been working out every day and watching my calories for 9 or 10 weeks since I took the very first measurements.

So far: 

I lost 1 inch in my thigh-  half an inch in my arm-  half an inch in the waist and a quarter inch on the hips

lame.  Yess it's a loss- but SO little...

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Yeah its something what workout plan are you doing? How much are you trying to lose
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Celebrate the loss! It is something! 

What are you doing for exercise and what are you eating? How many calories are you eating? How much water are you drinking? 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Quoting mama2gg:

Yeah its something what workout plan are you doing? How much are you trying to lose

I started with 15 min to half an hour of working outevery day with one day of Zumba the first couple weeks then increased it from there.  I've hit at least 1200 min or workout time the last 2 months and this month going for 1500.  Most of it is cardio - some weights and crunches and toning/yoga thrown in a couple days a week as well.

I don't know if I need a Heart rate monitor or my thyroid checked or WHAT but not only is the shrinking really not happening -but the number on the scale is moving VERY SLOW - no loss in 3 or so weeks... *as of when I weighed on Tuesday morning anyhow.

I keep working out and trying to stay within my BMR though...I figure at some point SOMETHINGS gotta give.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

What are you doing for exercise and what are you eating? How many calories are you eating? How much water are you drinking? 

right now I'm doing zumba classes 3-4  days a week (an hour a pop)- walking 3 miles (one hour) one day a week, other random stuff thrown in on the rest of the days- including wieghts, crunches, yoga...and a bit of walking (15-30 min) along with that

up to about 70 oz of water as of the last week or so...but I have to pee SO much it's rediculous at this point!

eating within my BMR-  lower end on days I do less- higher end on Zumba days

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM

*oh and started at 239

now at 224.5

the first 10 lbs came off when I was eating 15-1600 calories a day...before I found this group  about 5 or 6 weeks ago  : /

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting mcginnisc:

right now I'm doing zumba classes 3-4  days a week (an hour a pop)- walking 3 miles (one hour) one day a week, other random stuff thrown in on the rest of the days- including wieghts, crunches, yoga...and a bit of walking (15-30 min) along with that

up to about 70 oz of water as of the last week or so...but I have to pee SO much it's rediculous at this point!

eating within my BMR-  lower end on days I do less- higher end on Zumba days

Ok...do me a favor please..

1.) What is your BMR and how much are you eating? ( I would like the BMR range) 

2.) Will you post a days worth of food for me to look at? 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM

BMR is basically 1750 to 2350 (give or take 5-10 cal)

on Zumba days I eat between 2100 and 2300   on the other days I am around 18-1850

I think part of the problem may be that I have  NO idea how much I burn at Zumba... according to different sites-it could be like 7-900 based on my wieght, but I have no idea how accurate that is at all- probably not very...I figure it's probably 5 or 600? 

anyhow- I raised it a bit the last 2 weeks or so, before I was sticking to the very low end- 1750 a day and like 2000 on Zumba days

mama2gg
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I agree you should get a hrm I lost 2 lbs from Jan-april with a cheap Walmart hrm then April-may with my new hrm that uses a chest band I lost 9 lbs and 11.5 inches its all about burn and food intake I am all about a hrm for everyone

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting mama2gg:

I started with 15 min to half an hour of working outevery day with one day of Zumba the first couple weeks then increased it from there.  I've hit at least 1200 min or workout time the last 2 months and this month going for 1500.  Most of it is cardio - some weights and crunches and toning/yoga thrown in a couple days a week as well.

I don't know if I need a Heart rate monitor or my thyroid checked or WHAT but not only is the shrinking really not happening -but the number on the scale is moving VERY SLOW - no loss in 3 or so weeks... *as of when I weighed on Tuesday morning anyhow.

I keep working out and trying to stay within my BMR though...I figure at some point SOMETHINGS gotta give.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I am aware my diet is not "clean"   it's hard with hubby having ulcerative colitis-I can't use whole wheat pasta or things with a lot of fiber-it makes him sick.   I have better days than others with the diet.

yes- I eat sugary stuff- but never go over the calories and a lot of the time- it's to GET calories because trying to get to 2300 with no crap is tough... ( I'll have something worth around 2-300 calories a day that is sugary)

I'm trying to work on it though.

Still- with the water and the working out-I just feel like something is still not right...besides that. 

mama2gg
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Dear you never want to eat sweets to get your cals that's bad I mean my bmr is 2100 but I don't eat cheese burger to get there know what I mean

As far as pasta there are so many other foods chicken,pork loin,turkey meat ect and if you want pasta cook a winter squash and make noodles out of that

I understand what its like to have a dh that eats specific foods but your health is just as important

And you dh having ulcers that's even MORE of a reason to eat clean that will make HIM more healthy clean eating is easier on the body

As far far as cals without crap no that's not hard its just about learning how
1 cup of nuts is 500 cals !
1 fruit smoothie with oj and yogurt is 400 cals

Your right it is tough but the sooner you make the change the sooner it will become normal for you and your family

You can workout everyday and drink your weight in water and not lose if your eating junk dear

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I am aware my diet is not "clean"   it's hard with hubby having ulcerative colitis-I can't use whole wheat pasta or things with a lot of fiber-it makes him sick.   I have better days than others with the diet.

yes- I eat sugary stuff- but never go over the calories and a lot of the time- it's to GET calories because trying to get to 2300 with no crap is tough... ( I'll have something worth around 2-300 calories a day that is sugary)

I'm trying to work on it though.

Still- with the water and the working out-I just feel like something is still not right...besides that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN