Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Plain greek yogurt is ......

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 30 Replies
Nasty ! I hate it.

I've read it's so much better for you. I tired the flavor ones and they were all right. Then I got the plain non fat one and it's freakin gross. I added one strawberry and some gornilla (sp) and it was like eating spoon fulls of sour cream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahsmommy816
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM

gross :(

cherinmichael
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Lmao-I bought some plain and I really thought it tasted like curdled sour cream. Horrible! I buy the flavored kind-even if it is more sugar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I hate yogurt anyway...flavored or otherwise.

MommyRJ
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Ew. I heard its thick too? I couldn't eat it. I eat the whips cause texture REALLY bothers me. Ew
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by Tanya on May. 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I make my own and it doesn't to be as tangy.  I usually add a cup of blueberries, a serving of 80 cal fiber one cereal, and a tablespoon of honey.  I like it that way the most and it comes in at about 330 cals.  :)  Oh and I use it in place of sour cream and make ranch dressing with it.

reneawesley
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Me too

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I hate yogurt anyway...flavored or otherwise.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn4175
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
I keep telling people its a wonder food because it's so versitile. I love it. I mix it with natural peanut butter and eat it with apples a lot, but I also do what you did with fruit and granola and have it for breakfast. It's good as a substitute for sour cream, and the other day I even mixed it with light mayo and put it in my macaroni salad. It's so yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I make my own. It is thicker, but since it is only milk that is heated, it is so much better than the store bought that has a ton of sugar in it. 

This is what I had this morning: 8 oz homemade greek yogurt, 53 grams of blackberries, 30 grams of blueberries, 40 grams of raspberries, 15 grams of 80 cal Fiber One, and .2 oz of honey along with .5 cup pineapple- 298 calories. 

I use it in place of sour cream too. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

mama2gg
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I hate Greek yogurt in general ill take my low cal off Walmart brand for 80 cals and taste thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Yuck! I always buy the vanilla yogurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)