Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Nasty ! I hate it.

I've read it's so much better for you. I tired the flavor ones and they were all right. Then I got the plain non fat one and it's freakin gross. I added one strawberry and some gornilla (sp) and it was like eating spoon fulls of sour cream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
TessB
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I mix it with the natural fruit cups (in natural juices). That sweetens it up and it is edible that way ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:29 PM

that's why i was going to change to the plain flavor for less sugar , but less learned plain yogurt is not the wat to go!!

Quoting cherinmichael:

Lmao-I bought some plain and I really thought it tasted like curdled sour cream. Horrible! I buy the flavored kind-even if it is more sugar.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

aprilsalcro
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Quoting TessB:

I mix it with the natural fruit cups (in natural juices). That sweetens it up and it is edible that way ;)

that's for the idea. I'll have to look for some fruit cups

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

doulala
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM

We eat it a lot here, everyday!   But not alone---

nlonnon
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I'm not a fan either.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I don't like it all by itself, but I add some berries and some maple syrup to it, and it's super yummy!  You can also stir in some jam (basically what the flavored ones have), or honey is also popular.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Plain is horrible. I get the vanilla and then add granola, blueberries and blackberries. It is very yummy and satisfying.
mkmommy0406
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Mix in a packet of ranch mix and eat it with veggies!!! Tastes just like the other ready to eat ranch dips! I made some for a jewelry party and couldn't tell the difference!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelindaDuvessa
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:12 AM

I buy plan Greek Yogurt and mix it with powdered ranch dressing to make a dip for my veggies.

I'm not big on eating the plain by itself.  Even mixed with fruit it's kinda nasty.

iceprincess214
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I work for a company that makes the stuff and yes it does taste nasty plain. However, if you have any recipes that call for sour cream, this is the best thing to use to substitute if you want to cut the fat. It tastes very similar so it won't change the taste of the food. I have grown to like some of the Greek with fruit yogurts because I have to taste it multiple times a day when I am working.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN