Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Baby Weight Gone! (before and after pix)

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this

I Transformed my body in 90 days – Start date January 16th End date April 15th
Total Pounds 18.5 – Total Inches 29.5 (as of today 5/5 up to 22.5 pounds and 30 inches)

A little background info. - Mother of 4, married 11 yrs to an awesome man who is also an Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran in addition to three prior deployments overseas. I worked in the corporate world 15 yrs, then restaurant world 5 yrs. Now home adjusting to being a stay-at-home-mom with my 3yr old and 8 month old daughter while my 9yr old son and 7yr old daughter are at school. Then the entire dynamics of the house changes when everyone is home : )

After having Melayna I was miserable I would go from my bed to the couch in the living room. Taking care of whatever the kids needed then back on the couch. I kept racking my brain, why am I so miserable, sad, angry, no patience with anything. I have four healthy beautiful children an amazing husband, a roof over our heads. The meltdown in my closet around the holidays looking for something to wear to a party was what cracked me. My moment of disgust! It finally hit me. I was miserable with myself and didn't realize it. It's easy to hide under loose clothing and eat when your not hungry and you don't realize your eating. Even after I was done breastfeeding I kept eating. I came out of my closet hysterically crying to my husband telling him I have to do something nothing fits. Yes, I just had a baby five months ago but the weight wasn't coming off as fast as the last three pregnancies. My husband looked at me and said, “Honey, your beautiful!” I grabbed my sides “muffin top” and stomach sobbing, “This isn't beautiful!” When your used to your body being a certain way your entire life I was so mad at myself for letting my hormones take over and be in a state of depression. I was a prescription away from depression medication..I took the prescription from my doctor but never had the nerve to fill it (nothing against anyone that does we are all different) I didn't want medication to dicate how I feel and function. I wanted control of me and how I feel and look.

Gym option was out the thought of taking two kids with me to the gym would be crazy. But I wanted and needed a workout schedule to follow. My coach first contacted me back in October on Shape facebook page. She commented on a remark I made about wanting to loose baby weight. Then I had some health issues but she kept in contact with me and checked in to see how I was feeling. I shared my meltdown with her and she encouraged me to look at the information she sent before I got sick. I bought TurboFire and Shakeology as my 90 day Challenge to the New Year to a New You group my coach was running. The cost of a few hundred dollars for my husband and I to spend on my health and well being was a no brainer! I started working out middle of January for 6 days a week and completed my challenge Sunday, April 15th. It wasn't easy at first but once I got into the habit of scheduling my workouts everyday I looked forward to that time for “ME”. Yes my two little ones are home with me but there are ways to occupy them while I workout. Working out on a regular basis and taking care of "ME" has kept me from filling that prescription. If we as moms are not well and feel good inside and out how can we effectively take care of our families.

I feel amazing mentally and physically.. I look younger have an enormous amount of energy which I needed desperately. I'm in better shape now than I was when we first got married and will continue to workout, tone and strengthen my body. I decided I needed to change. I made a commitment to myself that no matter how hard it maybe on some days I would not quit. Here I am 90 days later so proud of myself I lost a total of 18.5 pounds and a total of 29.5 inches. I feel like a new person!! I'm happy! Feel amazing! Jeans I never thought I could ever wear I'm wearing!! Since February I've started helping/coaching others with their fitness journey. I am hoping that sharing my story helps others know they are not alone. It's okay to cry and be open to making a lifetime change for yourself.
Decide - Commit - and you will Succeed!!! Who's next?!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allicat09
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM
im jealous. I cant afford that much money on it. Wish i could. I gained so much weight with my last child. Im embrassed and cey. My ds is 14 months old and i have lost a little but not much. Im glad you did it. You look great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Diddles.
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM
2 moms liked this

You look great!! Thanks for the motivation!! 

RyansMommie07
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

congrats momma you look great!

Merry38
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I couldn't at first either.. I was determined and talked to my husband and saved up. Plus taking the kids for lots of walks helps too..

Quoting allicat09:

im jealous. I cant afford that much money on it. Wish i could. I gained so much weight with my last child. Im embrassed and cey. My ds is 14 months old and i have lost a little but not much. Im glad you did it. You look great.

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

what is turbo fire ?

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Quoting aprilsalcro:

what is turbo fire ?

Is that shake thing part of turbo fire ?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Merry38
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Combination of Cardio and toning. One shake a day helps with cravings, gets rid of bloat..  I have more info on my facebook  https://www.facebook.com/mereditheckels.schneider

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

what is turbo fire ?

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

thanks! i'm looking to tone every thing up. I'm kinda flabby :( I lost my baby weight just have to tone up and lose a few more pounds

Quoting Merry38:

Combination of Cardio and toning. One shake a day helps with cravings, gets rid of bloat..  I have more info on my facebook  https://www.facebook.com/mereditheckels.schneider

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

what is turbo fire ?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Lesgerm
by Leslie on May. 6, 2012 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
You look amazing!! Great job :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Great job mama beachbody will kick your butt and make ya sexy every time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)