Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Exercise suck :P

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ive been struggling this past week. I like to exercise like 250-300 minutes per week. This week has been waaay less than that.
I've been exercising after my kids go to bed for over a year. About 9 months ago my older son started being difficult at bed time. Now my younger son has joined him. Lol. I get them to bed on my own most days since dh works 2nd shift (I work first shift).
After all that my motivation to workout is lacking :P

Add to that the hip/pelvis pains I've been having for weeks or months that got a lot worse last week.

Well all I can say is that I'm glad my first chiro adjustment is tomorrow and that I am going to start exercising at the gym during my lunch break starting this week. Now if they don't feel like going to sleep it won't matter so much if I don't get an evening workout. :D

Sorry just wanted to whine. Lol. I know everyone else has the same kind of obstacles and then some. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry Stefanie!  Hope things are better after tomorrow...let us know how it goes!

indymom72
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry...I totally understand, and you aren't whining..if you can't  vent to us who can you vent to? :)  My little man decided to cut out his  naps so it threw a monkey wrench into my whole deal...luckily they are cute little boogers huh? :)

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Thanks ladies. I'm super bummed right now. Feeling really overwhelmed by these 2 kids and everything. Yes it's a good thing they're so cute

Seems my youngest doesn't want to nap anymore either but that makes him even more grumpy and crazy.

:(

Today is just one of those days I feel like a failure of a parent. Sigh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indymom72
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I know just what you mean..Owen just turned two..not sure how he could be ready to cut out naps...I would LOVE to take a nap every day...lol

nicole341
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I gave up on doing that before bed because they got to where they are horrible at bed time. So by the time they do go I'm tired. But I worked something out with my husband where he watches then so I can go running. It takes me about an hr and 20mins for seven miles and come bavk feeling great!!!:) Kids make a lot of things hard but without out them life wouldn't be fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to hear this!  :(  Good luck at your chiro appointment tomorrow.  I hope that it makes a big difference for you!

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM
It's a big reason I joined the gym. I can go on my lunch break and get a good workout and hopefully it will keep me from being do impatient with them being so bad at bedtime. Hopefully!!!!!!!!

Quoting nicole341:

Yeah I gave up on doing that before bed because they got to where they are horrible at bed time. So by the time they do go I'm tired. But I worked something out with my husband where he watches then so I can go running. It takes me about an hr and 20mins for seven miles and come bavk feeling great!!!:) Kids make a lot of things hard but without out them life wouldn't be fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole341
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah it sounds like it should work out good. I was doing that while in school last semester, I'd just go to the gym or run on lunch because thats was really the only time I had to do it. But I know what you mean, it made me more impatient with them and it made me feel bad. Yeah or you could try zoomba with them lol I tried that for about a month and they had fun with it and it made them work some of the energy off. Good luck!=)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Thanks mama. That's exactly what I do. Anyone would get frustrated with it but when my work out is hanging in the balance it makes me worse then I feel like I'm putting my needs over theirs. Now I'll do it at lunch when I wouldn't see them anyway do it will be better

Quoting nicole341:

Yeah it sounds like it should work out good. I was doing that while in school last semester, I'd just go to the gym or run on lunch because thats was really the only time I had to do it. But I know what you mean, it made me more impatient with them and it made me feel bad. Yeah or you could try zoomba with them lol I tried that for about a month and they had fun with it and it made them work some of the energy off. Good luck!=)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole341
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah true, gotta do it when you can. Kids make it hard lol, cause of course their always gonna come first 99% of the time. But know that's not what your doing and they know that. Mommy has to take care of herself to, so you can run and play with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN