Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Early morning workouts- question

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 15 Replies
If you get up early to workout or run.. Do you eat something first?

Should you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Honestly, if I get up at 5 and workout- I do not eat. I would be very sick. I can't workout for about 2 hours after I eat, so these days I typically workout around 10:30-12 depending on the day...today, I have to wait since I have a Chiropractor appt at 10:30. Hallelujah! I'm so ready for my adjustment! LOL 

It is something that you have to play with. Some people can eat and then workout, others like myself cannot. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

connorsmom1977
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I get up at 530 to workout & don't eat first. Depending on the length/intensity of the workout, I may eat a protein bar or drink a smoothie when I'm done

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

MommyRJ
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Ths why I'm wondering cause I'm
Not a morning eater. I literally have to force it down and it has to be plain plain plain or I feel sick.
I just don't want to skip it if it's not good to do. Ya know? I can get up and work out & feel fine without eating til after a shower.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Honestly, if I get up at 5 and workout- I do not eat. I would be very sick. I can't workout for about 2 hours after I eat, so these days I typically workout around 10:30-12 depending on the day...today, I have to wait since I have a Chiropractor appt at 10:30. Hallelujah! I'm so ready for my adjustment! LOL 

It is something that you have to play with. Some people can eat and then workout, others like myself cannot. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM
bump

twnkedee
by Tia on May. 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I don't eat before, I eat after. I get sick if I eat before.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I ALWAYS eat before my workouts.  Otherwise I get lightheaded, and I have NO energy for my workout.  I do have to give myself time for it to settle, or I get an upset stomach.  I've been a breakfast eater all my life, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.  I eat as soon as I get up, so when we go out to eat or something for breakfast, I can get very cranky until I eat!  I generally have to have at least a banana or something if that's the case.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

roxysmommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I eat something light then wait an hour. Usually a slice of toast with a little peanut butter.

al09
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM

This is me too. I absolutely can't workout before I eat. I won't be able to do it...I've tried a couple times and felt very lightheaded and had no energy.

Quoting musicpisces:

I ALWAYS eat before my workouts.  Otherwise I get lightheaded, and I have NO energy for my workout.  I do have to give myself time for it to settle, or I get an upset stomach.  I've been a breakfast eater all my life, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.  I eat as soon as I get up, so when we go out to eat or something for breakfast, I can get very cranky until I eat!  I generally have to have at least a banana or something if that's the case.

Jay9xoxo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM
I usually eat a banana or an apple before my workout in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3Xthelove
by Heather on May. 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM
I'm exactly the same!

Quoting musicpisces:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)