Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Where do you find motivation??

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  • 12 Replies
I done really good the first part of April. I started drinking water and eating a little better. I even worked out for a week and in the past I couldn't even force myself through an entire workout but I pushed myself. After that first week I gave up so to say. I keep looking at pics and get so disgusted and my health is suffering but its still not giving me the motivation that I need. I WANT to lose the weight but I don't have the funds to join a gym and I have very picky eaters that makes healthy meals a challenge. I refuse to be a short order cook. My first goal I made was to be 173 by my Dr appt May 1st which i almost made ( weighed 173.5). I started at 177-178. I just feel so sluggish all the time no matter how much sleep I get. I need help :-(. Hyow do u all stay motivated??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I just want it enough for myself

You dont need money to lose weight just the will to push through to workout

I personally workout at 5am every day for a hour shower then eat I don't always feel like it but I want to feel better and after a month of hard working I lost 10 lbs and 11.5 inches you just have to find it within yourself to want it

As far as picky eaters they will eat what you cook or go hungry or cook something there selves they won't die
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't really have any motivation. :( I hate exercising.. I'd rather eat chocolate.. I just .. IDK. I just do it because I know I have to. I guess if I have any.. my motivation is my kids, knowing I need to set a better example for them and be around for them for a long, long time. 

As for feeling sluggish, if you up your veggie intake and get rid of red meat in your diet that may help. OH and drink tons of water.

You can lose weight at home, you don't have to join a gym.

As for your picky eaters, unless it's for medical reasons I'd be making them unpicky, very quickly. Make healthy meals. They eat them or they don't. It's simple. My kids learned REAL fast. Now they love asparagus, broccoli, green beans, and more. And even if they don't, they eat them without fussing.

Nina.h
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Honestly, I never feel like working out! I HAVE TO MAKE MYSELF. But if I don't do it for a day out two I feel bad. Luckily theres a workout room in our apts & it happens to be right across from our apt, literally 15 steps from my front door, but with 5 kiddos it's kinda hard to squeeze in the time....anyway have you tried speed walking, bike riding, jump roping, roller blading out even buying an exercise movie? Those are things you could do that wouldn't be too expensive.
As for motivation, I go thru different stages of motivation one is being glad when I don't gain weight, another is when I lose even a pound or two, another is seeing the skinny girls, another is clothes/shopping!!
I think it's awesome that you lost those 5 lbs, loosing weight is HARD. Good lucky with reaching your goal& keep us updated!! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I hate working out but once I realize it's starting to pay off it makes me feel a little better. So I continue eating healthy and working out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Ingle
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much ladies! Randomosity- i have saw a few of your posts in a couple of groups I am in. Congrats on your acheivements thus far. You keep such a good attitude about it and a few of your posts have cracked me up. I hope I can lose this. I just need to get off my fat ass and do it (literally)! I'm about to post some pics of my pre-baby weight and now but should I post them here or on the weightloss journals?

Mrs.Winchester
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

You do it because you have to.  You stop making excuses.  You stop "refusing"  to do anything.  I don't have a gym membership either.  I tell myself that somewhere in the world there is a mom with 8 children who is still finding time to workout.  Somewhere there is a man with no legs or a person morbidly obese who is more fit than me.  And I do it. 

I also have stuck really unflattering photos of myself all over the house (mainly in the kitchen)   and inspirational quotes.  I set goals like making a playlist for my ipod and not stopping until it's over.  I work out every day... even if it's a small pathetic workout.  I'll admit my weight loss progress isn't fantastic... but I feel healthy.  I feel good,  and I don't have to worry about being diabetic or dying anymore.

itsm3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM

honestly, once eating right and exercising becomes part of your daily routine, that's how you stay motivated.  it takes time to get there though; i'd say about 4wks for it to become a habit is all you need.

i don't go to a gym either; i just eat right and exercise (using DVDs at home) and have had great success with them (i've already hit 2 of my goals and going to hit my 3rd goal soon).  it took me about 3wks to get used to working out regularly and i did that by just doing it 5 times / week.  

once you exercise more, you will feel more energetic.  are you still eating properly/healthy?

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

al09
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM

You might not be eating enough as strange as that sounds. Someone from the group can do your BMR for you and that will give you a better idea of how much you should be eating each day. If you don't eat enough you won't have enough energy and your body won't let you lose weight.

What keeps me motivated is seeing results. I've only lost about 15 lbs and although my results aren't dramatic...I can see them and that's what's important. At first it was hard...I didn't see anything changing. It takes a few months to really see your body changing. I didn't measure myself at the beginning, but I know I've lost lots of inches.

And even if you can't finish an entire workout when you're starting out or even on an off day...it's still better than doing nothing and a move in the right direction.

mama2gg
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM
The best place for before and after is your weight loss journal :) unless you just want to show them off then you can do it here :)

Quoting Mrs.Ingle:

Thank you so much ladies! Randomosity- i have saw a few of your posts in a couple of groups I am in. Congrats on your acheivements thus far. You keep such a good attitude about it and a few of your posts have cracked me up. I hope I can lose this. I just need to get off my fat ass and do it (literally)! I'm about to post some pics of my pre-baby weight and now but should I post them here or on the weightloss journals?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Diddles.
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I want it for myself. I want to see what I look like at a healthy weight as an adult. I was overweight as a kid, but an active overweight. I play outside whenever I could and was very good at playing soccer. 

For me, the biggest motivation is when I feel and see the changes in my body. My dh touches me all the time and notices the difference and gets turned on and then well you know :) He caught me one day just feeling my legs up, lol. He looked at me weird and asked if we needed to be left alone and I just laughed at him and said they look and feel good. I'm proud of myself. I see the changes in the back of my legs, my arms are smaller and the flab is going away!!! I was stretching the other day and I saw my forearm in a weird way and thought I did something wrong. Only to find out it was just my muscle flexing, haha. Weird things like that keep me motivated. Other things that have helped, my feet are thinner so my sandals aren't tight and that helps because I wear them all the time, my size 26 jean capris can come off without much effort or unbuttoning, my shirts are hanging in weird places because there's no fat to hold them up! I could go on, but for me it is seeing the differences and wanting to continue seeing how my body changes. 

Reflect back on why you are losing weight and what are the main reasons you are doing so. Focus on those reasons and keep them as your motivation. You CAN do it!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)