Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family suport...

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM
  • 20 Replies

I was talking to dh about how I want to get in better shape and be healthier and he says to be thats good, but I don't want you to get too small, "like no single digits".

My DH wants me to stay kinda big. WTH? I understand him not wanting to support me by eating better too, but wanting me to stay kinda big?

Anyone else have this kind of experience????

CafeMom Tickers  

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miller060905
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:01 AM
My dh tells me not to lose too much weight, but he means not to get below 120 because then I start looking sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addicted2metal
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Mine doesn't think I should lose weight but supports it as long as I don't pick bad habits up he is fine with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 8, 2012 at 6:22 AM

My husband is very supportive of me wanting to lose weight and become more healthy...now, he likes the curves I have and doesn't want me to lose very much weight as he thinks I'm beautiful just the way I am:)

cherinmichael
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM
Lol my DH says this a lot. He likes big girls and I don't want to be one anymore. But he supports my efforts anyways, because he knows it's important to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:59 AM

honestly, you should do it for YOURSELF, not according to what your hubs wants/likes.   maybe he just means that he doesn't want you go go nuts and get super duper bone-like skinny.

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

mama2gg
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:03 AM
My dh says that as well and we talked about it and I took it the wrong way as you are as well

What my dh meant was he didn't want me to be sick skinny (like ribs showing ect)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM

My dh doesn't put it like that.  He's supportive of my efforts to be healthier, but deep down he wouldn't love it if I lost much weight.  He likes bigger girls.  At 160 and a size 12, I'm the tiniest girl he ever dated, which is weird to me.  But hey, I guess people have different tastes.  I can understand how that could be a bit frustrating, OP. There's a fine line between "I love you how you are" and "don't lose anymore weight."

mom_of2_n_twins
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Nope, dh wants me happy for me...he said as long as i dont lose my butt he doesnt care but he doesn't want to see all my bones sticking out either lol.

twinsies041
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I honestly don't think ben cares. When we got together I was 130-135 and I got up to 160. Now, at 125 he swears he has no preference lol

nlonnon
by Tasha on May. 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM

My husband doesn't care either way.  He's just happy that I'm happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)