Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

would you if you could

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:10 AM
  • 23 Replies
so little back story I have a little girl and a little boy I was pregnant for 20 months with a one month break between pregnancies so to say the least my stomach is a bowl of jello. I have really been thinking about getting a tummy tuck or something to fix it. would you do it if you could or has any one ever had a surgery?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littleacorn
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:14 AM
I wouldn't. Cosmetic surgery is still surgery and a LOT of things could go wrong. It isn't worth the risks to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 8, 2012 at 5:41 AM

I agree here...it's not something I really care about to be honest.  I like to be healthy and in good shape and I could care in the least if I ever wear a bikini!  That's just me though:)

Quoting littleacorn:

I wouldn't. Cosmetic surgery is still surgery and a LOT of things could go wrong. It isn't worth the risks to me.

cherinmichael
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:20 AM
My friend lost a lot of weight and she had a tummy tuck. She worked out really hard but never lost the extra skin. My stomach is already a mess from a csection-so I don't think I would. I'd also have to be 100% sure I wasn't having kids again or going to gain any weight back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Yes. I would and I'm considering one. I have lost a ton of weight and wear a size 0 and have a huge belly- I eat clean, run 3-4x per week, and I am doing Asylum right now. I should not have a muffin top at this size- it is extra skin from 2 c-sections. I'm working my behind off and it's not going anywhere and it hasn't in the past couple of years since losing the weight. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

mama2gg
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM
It depends

If I worked out and lost what I could on my own and toned it up the best I could (and not half ass it) and still just couldn't stand it I may but I highly doubt it I hate being put to sleep all I can think about is what is something went wrong and I left my son

I don't think I could be put to sleep to look better and risk leaving my son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of2_n_twins
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:46 AM

One of my really good friends had a tummy tuck last June. I followed her story from beginning to end...she said she would do it all over again but she has a scar from hip bone to hip bone and the left hip scar got so badly infected she had to take shots in her stomach for 6-8 months. She just finished her last shot from it. She was also put on a blood thinner b/c she was starting to form blood clots as well....

So I thought about getting a tummy tuck but after seeing pictures of her and listening to how much she struggled theres no way I could go through THAT much pain for THAT much money....I'll spend half that and get my girls brought up a couple of sizes so that I look normal haha.

GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:48 AM
It depends

twinsies041
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM

yup!!! I'm going to give it a few years to see how much it will bounce back but no amount of exercise will fix skin!!! when I graduate I think it will be a gift to myself. 

KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I'm going to lose all of my weight... and see where things settle out... but ... the answer is.. yes... if I had the $$... i would.

nlonnon
by Tasha on May. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I wouldn't.  But I'm not a fan of elective surgery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)